➠ 5 - KOL

✧OVERWHELMING STRUGGLES✧

OVERWHELMING
STRUGGLES

"One or two?" M- step dad says as he places two shot cups in the front of me

I felt sick to my stomach. I felt like already throwing up just by looking at the two cups alone. I didn't want to choose.

My mother is passed out in the floor wearing only a white robe that barley covers her body yet here was my stepdad was over here trying to make me drink fuck knows what. What did I do in my past life to get put into this lifestyle?

I wanted to grab the shot glasses and smash them both on his head. Hopefully hurt him enough to send him to the hospital. He'd never be able to run from the medical bills and me and my mom would find a way to escape him if we had the chance. If only we had the chance.

I ultimately knew I couldn't though. I knew I couldn't no matter how much I wanted to. It would only make our situation worse.

"What's in them?" I ask as I look between the two shot glasses once again.

I'll never get used to the fact that every time I'm put into one of these situations my body still acts horribly. My stomach twists, turns, rolls and I feel the need to throw up due to all the nausea I feel.

"It doesn't matter boy." He takes grabs a card from the kitchen counter. "Now choose." He says as he points at the shot glasses for another split second. "I won't repeat myself."

I didn't want to choose and I sure as hell didn't want to drink whatever was in either of these. But I had no choice.

"This one." I point at the one on the right-hand side.

"Okay." He nods like if he's pleased with my answer. "Now drink it." He says and I cringe.

I grab the shot glass and try to think of anything except the awful taste this shit would probably taste like.

I thought about Violet and the fact that I had to go to her house today. I thought about the fact that I promised her a tattoo once I fully settled in my uncle's tattoo shop that would rightfully be mine in a few months.