Chapter Four

Jotaro agitatedly walked back into the school, and he thought about where he could've left his cigarettes. He cared about his lighter more, the one he had bought while visiting another city. It had a yellow and black spotted koi fish design with clear waters behind it.

He stopped walking.

He retraced his memory during tutoring first, since it was more recent.
He imagined himself in the class, putting his bag down on the floor next to the chair he sat at. Then, Kakyoin talked his nonsense and they took a quiz. What happened after that? Jotaro stepped outside with Kakyoin, so there was no way he could've done it.
"Must've been Shin." Keiko was out of the picture, she would seem to be far too scared to commit something like that.

Meanwhile, two boys stayed after school in that very class Jotaro was headed.

"Shin, do you ever study?"

"Ehhh...I'm not really a study kind of guy," He poorly admit.

"You need it, I hope you know that. I don't want to be assigning you homework. You wouldn't like that, would you?" Kakyoin replied in a threatening manner.

"No. Not at all. Can you correct me?"

"Sure. You see, here—" He was cut off by a loud banging sound. The door was flung open and it creaked just a bit as it moved back almost in its original location.
Jotaro swiftly made himself up to the two and stared at them angrily.

"Where is it?"

"Where's what?" Kakyoin innocently grinned.

"Look, I don't have time to be playing games right now. I'm looking for a lighter and possibly a box of cigarettes."

"You smoke!?" Shin blurted out.

Jotaro surveyed Kakyoin for any signs of ash on his clothing. Shin was off of his list. Why?

As he had noted in his head earlier, Shin was the type of guy to be yelling out anything obnoxiously. When people like that are shocked or learn a new fact, that's the exact reaction they make.
If he didn't know Jotaro smoked he wouldn't have had that spring of action.

"Kakyoin, you better hand it over."

"Hand over what? You're not being specific."

"How'd you even take my god damn lighter anyway!?"

"Is it that important to you?"

Jotaro's eyes narrowed and he was furious.
He grasped Kakyoin's uniform, the little fold of clothing right under his neck and slammed him against the wall. Nevertheless, Kakyoin remained unscathed and completely tranquil.

"Hey! Jotaro—calm down!"

He turned his head back and disrelished, "Shut the fuck up."

Shin didn't make a peep after that. It was kind of ironic how he deemed Jotaro as a, "good guy" and what he was seeing now flipped a switch.

"Where is it?" His eye and entire face twitched as he uttered the words, "Or I'll find it myself."

"You're an obvious smoker. In order to be a good and smart student, you—" He was cut off again.
"Listen, I don't want you to pest me. If you just fucking hand me my lighter we can get this over with and continue on with our day. How does that sound?"

Under his eyes turned a bright pink as his face lifted in amazement, he decided he would seal the deal.
"It sounds wonderful." He drew out the lighter from his pocket and was let go.
He remained fully composed while dropping it into Jotaro's palm.