Tartaglia

First day, about a year ago, hired for a big trading business in Snezhnaya. Offered in to be an assistant, my boss, Tartaglia is .. something.

7:10 Am

I waited outside my apartment complex, already late to my job. Boss sends me a car every morning to get to work, I've adapted to it, so it's odd he's not here yet.

"L/n, Sir, I apologize for the wait! There was traffic around the city, I'm deeply sorry." My driver, Andrei, pulled up. "Don't say sorry to me," I chuckled quietly, "Boss'll understand!"

I sat down, warming up in the car from the cold wind.

7:30 Am

Made it to work. I stopped by the cafeteria and got Boss some chak-chak so he won't be entirely upset ..

.....

"Finally showed up, L/n?" Tartaglia turned in his chair, slightly leaning back. "Ride took some time to get to my place! Was going to text you, but my hands were too cold to take out of my pocket." I smiled, walking over to give him the treat. He watched my hand, reaching over.

"Andrei didn't come normal time?" I could tell his voice got a little more high pitched, seemed confused. "Yeah, city was busy this morning. I thought it was fine, unless I did need to come early?"

He stood up, towering over me. "You didn't. Thank you for the chak, though, that won't make up your absence this morning will it, Y/n?" He went over to the window, tapping his hip. "No .. but I thought you'd like it, Tartaglia! You said one time it was good, they had it at the cafeteria so I.."

"Ajax. Ajax is fine, Y/n." He looked back at me, a small smile on his face. First names? Maybe in a personal state, but it's purely business, right? "I'd prefer you calling me Ajax while with me. In a public, business sense, Tartaglia."

10:00 Am

Can't say Ajax is acting normal. Yes, he's being his normal work self, but when it's just us, he's closer to me. Not close as in he's right on top of me every second, just trying to get to know me. I don't mind, I wanted to know more about him anyway ..

"Oh, L/n, clear my afternoon. I'm taking you out." Ajax announced. Wow . . What if I was busy this afternoon? I'm obviously not, because it's a Friday, but what if I wanted to go somewhere? It's a kind gesture .. I wouldn't mind going out anyway.

"Done. Where are you taking me, Ajax?" I sighed, sitting in front of my bosses desk. "Where do you want to go? I can take you wherever. Name a place." He added, resting his chin on his palm.

I can't shoot this down. He's a pretty guy, my boss, and an okay person! It's cute how he's trying to get to know me, but I wonder; why me? His beauty doesn't entirely woo me ... I'm overthinking this completely.

" . . . . sounds good, if that's okay with you?" I replied, giving him a small smile. He returned one back.

7:00 Pm

"Ajax? Why'd you pick me up?" I stopped in front of the passenger door, looking at the ginger bestowed upon of me. "Would it not be the same if Andrei took you? He doesn't know i'm taking you out." He smirked, unlocking the car. "Get in, you'll freeze!"

....

We got a seat I throughly enjoy .. Shocking for just making reservations today! "You look good tonight, well, not just tonight .. everyday you look great! But you look very nice tonight!" I awkwardly babbled on.

"You think so?" He grinned, sipping from his glass. "You look very handsome too, Y/n."

Maybe a small redness hit my face .. Handsome sure is something! Flattering, said by ..

My boss ...

.........

8:00 Pm Almost there

"It's getting late," I grabbed my coat from the front, "we should get going before the snow shuts us in!"

He got weirdly quiet during dinner, awkwardly talking to me, sometimes laughing at jokes I made. I don't know what it was, like he was shy or something ...

The car ride is more awkward. He doesn't like radio stations so that's not on, and he's still quiet.

"Ajax, is something wrong? I apologize if I mentioned something that could've been upsetting... I ramble sometimes and it's hard for me to really think of what I'm saying-"

"I don't want this to make you uncomfortable or anything, please know this won't change your status at work or anything." He started, "I'm growing fond of you and I do not know why. You're a good guy, and a pretty good assistant. I enjoyed tonight, I really did."

Ajax stopped the car in front of my apartment.

"I want to get to know you more, Y/n. Romantically or platonically, I don't want to be just your boss."

Lot to take in, he likes me? Did he know I'm gay? Just wants to 'get to know me'? I sat there with a small smile on my face. "Just a pretty good assistant? I think I do my job very well."

Couldn't tell if Ajax was upset or relieved. His pale skin turned slightly rosy. "I'm happy to get to know you more, Ajax. Text me this weekend. Pay me a visit, maybe?"

"Stay safe." Was all I got back, he was embarrassed. It was cute. He's cute.