12.

"There you are! We were worried. I know your only like 5 minutes late, but being in this place makes me nervous." Pamela says grabbing me into a tight hug.

I smiled to myself as I replayed the time spent with the boy I now knew as Michael.

"I'm fine don't worry. I just got caught up." She released me and gave me a questioning stare.

Luke also gazed at me from his spot next to Pamela. "what kind of 'caught up'?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Um..." I trailed of. Should I tell them about Michael? I wanted to tell them, but at the same time what Michael and I had was kind of nice. It was our little secrete as I saw it. The library was a place where only he and I knew about and I didn't want to ruin that. "Just got distracted by a painting I came across." I said shrugging my shoulders trying to make it look believable.

"You and your fricken daydreaming. I swear one day something is going to happen and you will regret having these little scenes." Pam said throwing her hands up jokingly with a small amount of seriousness.

"Come on guys, it's already almost 6pm. We should get going." Luke said with a tiresome sigh.

Pam and I nodded in unison, following like out of the room.

***

It was about 45 minutes before Luke and I reached his, now our, shared "apartment". We dropped Pamela off at her house on the way here.

Luke unlocked the basement door from the side of the house and we trudged inside, now exhausted from the long day.

"I'm beat," Luke sighed from beside me now sprawled out on the couch, me beside him copying his action.

"Me too," I let my head fall to the side, now able to look at Luke who was already looking at me.

We both say there for a moment staring at each other, neither of us showing any sign of giving up the stare contest. Finally we both have out bursting into laughter.

We were never able to stay serious for very long. We were like young children at times, although most young children were quite serious and often a bore.

After able to control my giggles, I see Luke is still clutching his stomach. I smile at him and the way we can always brighten the mood around each other.

"So where am I going to sleep?" I asked, becoming a little more serious and remembering how tired I actually was.

"Well," Luke said now with a little more control, "I have a small quest room that my parents added for me a few months ago. It's all yours. It has a bed and a dresser, but nothing more. We can go out tomorrow to get more stuff you might need."

"Thanks Luke," I said, wrapping my arms firmly around his waist and nuzzling my head into his chest. "for everything. I don't know what I would do without a best friend like you in my life."

He wrapped his arms comfortingly around me and squeezed me tight. "Don't thank me, Brooke. I told you, I like having your company."

***

I woke up to the violent beeping of my alarm. I groaned as I banged my fist along the top blindly as my head was still down on my pillow and I couldn't be bothered to open my eyes.

Eventually, after a few fist pounds, random tapping, and muffled curse words, I managed to shut off the irritating noise.

I looked at the time and let out a groan. It was 7:34 am on a Saturday morning. I must have forgot to turn off my alarm yesterday because it was set at its usual time for school.