Chapter XV

3rd person

They remained in the room until eleven. Sam spent the time typing away on his laptop, Stiles watched cartoons on the small box TV, and Dean sat cleaning his guns and pretending not to also watch. Occasionally, Sam would jot down some notes on a notepad before continuing back to the screen.

Stiles felt relaxed. He forced himself to zone out, focusing on the talking dog in the show. He found he quite liked ignoring his problems.

The time came when Stiles grew hungry, and chips and candy simply wouldn't do. He wasn't going to say anything though, he was tired of Dean scowling at him. But Sam broke the ice suggesting they get food.

Stiles saw Dean sigh in relief, now realizing he was also hungry. This was only confirmed by how quickly he stood and stated, "Great, I want a burger."

Stiles allowed a smile to creep on his face. He may not know much right now, but he knew he liked burgers.

They all walked silently to the car. Thankfully Stiles was able to shower, and Sam gave him a hoodie and joggers for him to borrow. He was swimming in them, and he had to tie the drawstring tightly, but he was just happy he didn't have to rewear his other clothes. It made him wonder if the Sheriff would be okay with letting him get some clothes from his old room.

As they were pulling out, Stiles saw what looked to be workers of the motel by the fallen vending machine. Dean must've seen them too, pausing the car to glance at them. His eyes shifted to Stiles in the rear view mirror; he didn't say anything, but Stiles could tell he was trying not to laugh as he pulled out of the car park.

🥀🥀

They pull up to a diner near the center of town. Stiles moved to get out, but Sam turned in his seat to stop him. "Wait here, we'll bring out the food." He let out a small pout. "People know you in this town, kid."

Reluctantly, knowing he couldn't argue with that logic, Stiles sat back against the bench seat. Both Sam and Dean went in.

They went to the counter instead of sitting like they normally would. The woman that came to them was young and pretty, and she wore a kind smile. Sam noticed how Dean didn't immediately turn on the flirty charm.

"Order to go, please," he said instead. She took their orders before turning to the kitchen to ring up their orders. Then they waited on the stools.

🥀🥀 (there's drama now 😉)

Scott walked into the diner with Liam and Issac in tow. There were supposed to meet up with some of the other. There were two missing person's cases. Normally they'd meet at the loft where it was private and they could talk about the supernatural without exposing secrets, but they'd occasionally meet up at other places when it wasn't an official meeting.

Derek was on his way, but Chris and Allison said they'd be a bit late.
They sat at the largest booth, which was great considering it was far enough that the few patrons were too far to hear any of their conversation. Here they could gather any information they have before they try to work out plans and theories with the pack.

It's not how things used to be, but Stiles' death caused the tight-knit pack to separate a bit. It took a lot of work and stress to bring everyone back together. But still, some are still... hesitant open up again.

Stiles was Malia's anchor. She's been in her coyote shift a lot.

Allison and Aiden were both struck with guilt and depression. But they're getting closer to being better. Not necessarily okay, but better.