Chapter 29

Morning was filtering in through the faceted panes of the French doors, and Kevin lay back, collecting his thoughts as Sharla was still asleep, curled up with her back to him. Her red hair was splayed out over the pillow, vibrantly shining in the sunlight. He gently threaded his fingers through it.

Only a few hours ago, he'd had it gathered in his hands, holding her head back, his mouth on her neck, deep inside her while she was orgasming. The slant of her neck, the flush of her skin, the heat from her centre as they moved together in unison, hot and slow had been incredible, stopping time as they laid each other bare.

He went hard thinking about it, and adjusted himself, tempted to roll over and wake her up for another round.

She'd given herself over completely last night, and they'd made love with an abandon he'd never experienced before. No hesitations, she'd shown him a side of her he'd never seen.

And he loved her more now than he had the day before. She had trusted him. Maybe she could see how good it could be and they could fly back to London together, and he could have her by his side when he proclaimed to the world that this woman was the love of his life and everyone could lump it.

His mobile vibrated on the side table and he reached for it. It was Don, wanting to know when to have the car ready for bella to go to the airport.

Right. Gretchen was coming in today. He looked back over at Sharla, and wondered if they could be open in front of her friend. If Sharla still had any lingering doubts, he wasn't sure they could. This might have been it for the next few nights until Josh had Gretchen otherwise occupied.

Cross that bridge when we get to it, he thought, and didn't answer Don. It was still early. He did give in then, and rolled over, sliding his hand over her waist, snugging into her warm, still-naked body. His raging hard on slid neatly between her butt cheeks and he kissed the back of her exposed neck as she mumbled something and woke up.

"Good morning, darling," he murmured, and she ran her hand over his now working its way up around one of her breasts. He wanted her again, a want as familiar as breathing.

She groaned as his thumb flicked her nipple, and she turned a sleepy eye to him. "You are a horny man, I tell you what. Let a girl wake up and then you can have your way with me, huh?"

He laughed as she flailed the covers back over his face and shuffled towards the ensuite, and he clawed the sheets off to watch her. Her hair was a riot of waves and curls in all directions, and as she stretched, the dimples above her ass showed. He loved those dimples. His thumbs had pressed into them last night when he had her bent over the footboard of the bed, holding her down while he—

"Don't be long," he said, and laid back on the bed. A contented sensation bloomed across his chest. She had stayed in his bed. They had made love most of the night. The woman he loved was his again. Finally.

The bed bounced a moment later as she rejoined him, and she crawled over to rest her head on his chest, throwing a leg over his waist.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Early," he said, and ran a hand across her soft skin. "What time do you need to get Gretchen?"

"One. I have time yet," she said, and yawned, flopping back. "Your bed is really comfy compared to mine."

"Do you need to change rooms?" he asked, hoping she'd say she'd rather sleep in his bed from now on.

She waved a hand dismissively. "No, I think my bed is just too small. I keep waking up with my hand hanging over the edge. I'm used to that monstrous king at home in the Grange."