28. When in America

Max pov: 

After a great few days in Monaco with my family and Charles it was time to get back to racing. It would be the last four races of the season and Charles was still fighting for the second place in drivers championchip. I had no pressure anymore since I was already a champ. But I knew that Charles was under so much pressure and the fact that Mercedes was closing the gap in the constructors cahmpionchip didn't help him at all. But In redbull we had a chance to claim also the constructors championchip in the next race so that was my main goal. at the moment we were waiting for boarding to start. It wasn't worth it flying private to Cota since I wouldn't come back home until after Abu dhabi or so Charles thought. We were sitting in the lounge of London airport. It was late at night and we had already flown from Nice to London. Charles was exhausted, he had been stressed about the last races and I couldn't blame him. He had had a rough season and I wanted him to succseed badly. 

As I looked at the board and saw text 'go to gate' I stood up from my chair and walked towards Charles who was sleeping with his mouth open. 

"Charles we have to go, the boarding is starting. After that you can go back to sleep" I whispered him, while gently shaking him. Charles slowly openned his eyes and groaned. 

"I'm too tired to move" He whinned. I chuckled before pulling him up. 

"If we wouldn't be in public I could carry you but right now I can't do that" I said smiling sadly.  Charles finally agreed and we left towards our gate. It turned out we didn't have seats next to us and since tired Charles was usually also angry he made a big fuss about wanting to sit next to me. The flightattendant clearly recognised us and agreed moving our seats so We could be next to each other. We were the first ones to board the plane and immediately when we sat down Charles passed out. I knew that he would wake up when we would take off and then we could ask someone to make his seat into a bed. It melted my heart seeing him just sleeping there. 

fast forward to saturday: 

It was certain that Charles would be getting a grid penalty againg because something needed to be changed in his car. It made me sad because then it would be harder for him to score good points and be infront of Checo, but I also knew that Charles was an amazing driver so I didn't worry too much. 

Since we were in Texas almost everybody had wore some sort of cowboy things and when I saw Charles in the paddock with a hat and boots I couldt resist but want him so badly then. I had sent him a message saying that he better take them with him to the hotel. Charles had answered almost immediately with a winky face. And as I had wished, when he came to the room in the evening he was wearing them. It didn't take me long before they were in the ground and Charles was in the bed. But back to reality. 

The qualifying was normal until Q3, where I struggled to make the fastest lap and I ended up in p3 unfortunately. I had wanted to take pole so badly today since we had heard the devestating news of Dietrich Mateschitz the founder of redbull passing. It was sad because he had been a big part of my career. But I couldn't do anything else than hope for a win tomorrow. When I pulled my car where the three best ones would go I noticed two Ferraris and I smiled under my helmet since I knew that other one of them would be Charles. I never doubted him in qualifying. It felt so good to have Charles there with me. I hand't had the chance to see him after morning. I felt a little sad at the moment so I knew that his cuddles were needed in the evening at the hotel. 

Charles pov:

The qualifying was good. I managed to get second after Carlos, but due to my engine penalty I would start 12th wich was unfortunate since my now main rival Checo would be staring third wich ment that I needed to have an amazing race if I wanted to be in front of him tomorrow.