20. The Singapore sling

Charles pov: 

It was now friday wich was also Max's birthday and I woke him up by giving him ton of kisses and we had a great morning workout together. We had agreed to celebrate his birthday properly between Japan and Cota, because this weekend the race was late in the evening so it made things a little bit harder. We were also leaving to Japan already monday so we couldn't celebrate then, and Max had a ton of extra work in Japan because of the honda partners. But back to reality, I wanted to give Max his pressent after the breakfast and before that we took a long shower together.

"So how do you feel about being 25?" I asked.

"Pretty good, but nothing different so far" He shrugged while changing clothes. "but can we go eat now I'm starving and I feel like eating some croissants" He said and I just laughed and grabed his hand leading him towards the elevator. Since we were living in european time it was already almost two pm so there were only people working in f1 and not the usual tourists eating. We grabbed our foods and sat down with Pierre, Carlos, Checo, Mick, Alex and Esteban who were talking about the next season.

"So Esteban do you know who will drive with you next year?" I heard Checo asking and I took a quick glance at pierre. He had told me last night about his contract with Alpine.

"Well yes but I obviously can't tell you about that" He said looking a little uncomfortable but luckily Pierre saved him.

"Happy Birthday mate!" he said to Max who had sat next to him and he patted his back.

"Thanks" Max smiled and took a sip of his coffee. Everyone else wished him a happy birthday also and then the gazes shifted to me as I didn't say anything. I didn't notice it right away until I felt the eyes looking at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Aren't you going to wish Max a happy Birthday?" Alex asked.

"Well If you forgot it already we are dating so do you actually think that he hasn't done that already" Max said and we sarted to laugh. Soon everybody else joined.

"So what did Charles give you?" Carlos asked.

"Nothing yet, he said he would give it after breakfast" Max said.

"Oh I wan't to know what it is!" Mick said and everyone else agreed.

"Well too bad for you then" I laughed. We ate and talked almost an hour before everyone decided to leave so we could get ready for the practice day. 

Max pov: 

Me and Charles left to go back to our room and I was exited about his birthday gift for me. I didn't really know what I was expecting since I didn't have anything I needed. When we got to our room Charles went straight to his luggage and picked up a gift bag I hadn't noticed there.

"I hope you like this, it was really hard to get you anything" Charles smiled and gave me the bag. I thanked him and openned it right away. I picked up two tickets to a coldplay consert. I knew Charles loved Coldplay and I also liked their songs. I think this was something Charles wanted us to do together so that made the gift hundred times better. 

"I thought that something we would get to do together would be a good present" Charles said looking nervous. 

"I love this" I said giving Charles a hug and a kiss. 

"The consert is between Mexico and Brasil so we get to have a tiny holiday there and I promise that after the concert when we get back to the hotel you are free to do anything with me that you want" Charles said and winked. My mouth openned, I was too stunned to speak.