James: H̶̛͖̫̗̀ Ì̴̧ M̵̲̳̺̎͋

The church was engulfed in a sea of light.

She was with me, in my arms, safe and with me. That mattered at the least. But she soon slipped from me as we crashed to the ground. The pain in my back rose again in the worst waves it ever was.

Fire fell from the sky. I was left hacking up blood again. My lungs were scathing. A puddle of my own iron began to trickle down the small decline on the pavement.

I couldn't feel my throat. I couldn't feel my face. I could not breathe.

I looked up from my fit and saw Laori weakly standing, but was swiftly taken by a man in a yellow jacket. He was one I saw with her in the back hallway before I rocked him to the floor and left with her. I rose again. He shall be finished; I will ensure.

As I followed him into the dark, the pain in body began to evolve. A tingling started to form, like bugs crawling under my skin. I hated it, hated it, hated it. All I wanted was to get rid of the feeling. All I wanted was to feel peace.

The night became so dark I could not see. I lost them, somewhere in the night. The fire barely illuminated anything.

But something happened. Something worse, something more hellish than the pain I wished to relieve. A sudden bursting feeling in my back erupted and knocked me over, and I realized it was from me. Something emerged from my back, and I could feel it, writhing and twisting against my skin.

I screamed and screamed, louder still every second as I prayed that someone would find me. Everything turned red. My skin was dyed with my own splattered blood now.

A second time, something hatched from my spine. I fell to my knees, crying. I tried to pray, tried to remember a hymn, but my brain was too infected with madness to recall a single thing other than this: that car should have killed me. I should have left Laori to die, because I had a feeling that my state was much worse than her demise.

I felt myself leave my flesh. The pain numbed, and so did my head. I let myself be torn apart by my apparatus.

My eyes were drawn up to find something in the trees.

What is it?

That man, right there. Tall and gaunt and with nothing much of expression, he stood staring at me.

My vision dissolved. I understand now.

It was Him; he who would take me, now, to let my mind rest at last.