Sean: In the name of Jesus; James, My Son

James O'Brien is a product of absolute peculiarity.

In 2013, a Deacon of the Keystone Catholic Church named Delilah Vikson found him alone on the road. A week later, she committed suicide due to a psychotic breakdown. The police weren't sure of much, other than she kept screaming 'it's in my house'. Chilling, indeed, but more of a tragedy. She must have lost her mind.

She called me right when she found him. Her tone was worried and kind, but she also seemed frightened. I wondered what could have possibly driven her to die. She was a major advocate for the Church, here for every service and every volunteer event. After the fact, some members dropped out of the church. They ridiculed the poor boy for cursing her. Some of them said he was satanic, evil.

But I knew, in my heart, they were wrong. I knew this. He is my son.

I made sure James had learned from the bible. I made sure he was safe, and most of all, I made sure he was given the childhood he deserved.

Yes, he is a strange boy, but it was nothing bad at all. He's incredibly smart and talented with the piano. I let him play pieces every Sunday before and after service. It was as if God took his time with James. The Church had emptied by now as James finished a piece of his. Humoresque I believe was the name. It was hauntingly gorgeous. He had mentioned to me as he learned it that it was an orchestral piece, but the piano version was just as fitting.

I watched him as I stood on the same stage. He had long, lanky arms and hands, which was better for piano as far as I was concerned. As he played, he swayed in rhythm with the song, eyes closed in total trust of the melody. He had always been passionate about music.

He is strange, but in the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, James O'Brien is my son.

It is my job to protect him, and it is my job to save him.