𝐂𝐡 𝟐𝟒 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞

Don't play the music yet

As she walked inside the house with the mounds of clothes in her hands, Namjoon trailed after her like a lost puppy, deeply contemplating on something. Soon as she had closed the door, Lindsay set the pile of clothes on the couch and heaved a breath.

"Wow," Namjoon softly muttered as he slowly came to stand beside her. "That shirt seemed so dear to you, yet you let the little girl have it?" He gazed at the side of Lindsay's exhausted face with a look of genuine confusion.

"It's what people with a heart would do. Unlike you." Lindsay replied sternly, not meeting his eyes before reaching out to take the pieces of clothing one by one in her hands to inspect them.

"Okay, wait." Namjoon started as he put up his hands in defense. "You shouldn't have ruined my shirt in the first place. So, I got revenge on you fair and square. Clothes for clothes."

"But I never tried selling your clothes." Lindsay angrily retorted, glaring daggers at him causing Namjoon to slightly take a step back.

Namjoon grimaced and chewed his lips intently. "True." he muttered before crossing his arms and frowning in disapproval.

"But my shirt is pretty unwearable now because you had used acrylic paint on it and it wouldn't come off. So, it's basically like I had lost my shirt in a yard sale. I wanted to throw away your clothes but since I'm smarter than you, I thought of making a profit out of it"

With a growl, Lindsay threw her head back as she spun to face Namjoon who was boring a smug smile seemingly pleased with his infuriating of an excuse. "You just don't get it, do you? No one can sell another person's clothes without their consent. You know, I can have you arrested for this?"

"Let's not go there again." Namjoon muttered through gritted teeth as he looked up at the ceiling.

"I'm just sick of this, Namjoon" she yelled and clutched her head exhausted, before she finally found it within her to calm her voice down into a steady and rational tone. Namjoon silently braced himself for her next outburst but much to his surprise, Lindsay's tone became softer but not in a good way. It sounded weary like she had just finished fighting a battle with a demon.

"Listen," Lindsay started after taking a deep breath and looking straight into Namjoon's dark expecting eyes. "The only reason why I play tricks on you is because... you always play them on me first. You can't expect me to sit around and take it while you make my life miserable here. I have to prove that I have the upper-hand too but this..." she paused as she gestured helplessly to the couch with all her clothes and released a worn out sigh. "...This is the last straw and I'm tired of it now."

Lindsay sighed again and looked down at her feet with sour misery etched onto her face and though she had so much of unspoken feelings stored in her heart that she would like to let Namjoon know, she didn't dare to move her lips. Afraid that her voice would tremble and break into sobs.