𝐂𝐡 4 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝

"Good, now class," Miss Melody's voice shook Lindsay out of her deep thoughts and back into action

"Good, now class," Miss Melody's voice shook Lindsay out of her deep thoughts and back into action. She cleared her throat and tried to snap out of it and listen to her professor's instructions.

"First off, I will be collecting everyone's summer project, the major chemistry case study research papers. You may now hand them over to me,"

The commotion of students zipping their bags open and the rustle of the assignment papers could be heard and as Miss, Melody passed through the class, everyone together with Lindsay handed over their papers to her so that in the end miss Melody was holding one big stack of papers in her arms.

Lindsay was not the best student at chemistry but she was a hard worker. The laboratory dreaded her arrival.

What happened last year was just dreadful.

The class had been doing a chemistry experiment in the laboratory and had been mixing all sorts of colorful but mysterious chemicals to get the intended solution.

Miss. Melody had been pleased to see everyone doing the practical so well, that was until she had turned her back for a just a second and then a frightening boom was heard and the entire class was fanning their hands over their faces trying to clear away the wispy white smoke that followed after.

In the middle of it all, the professor had found Lindsay with her hair sticking out all over the place as if she had been struck by lightning and within each hand she was holding two tubes of liquids with a grim look on her face staring back at the professor frightened.

"Ahh Lindsay," Miss melody had whined in disappointment. "Not again! In fact, how did you even manage to create an explosion? None of the chemicals which I'd given you are explosive in nature."

Lindsay had shrugged her shoulders at this and the entire class had shaken their heads at her in irritation.

From the corner of the eye, Lindsay had seen the ever annoyingly perfect Namjoon aka Golden Child gracefully pour a test tube of chemicals to the other making the latter turn a brilliant violet.

"Done, Miss. Melody," he had happily announced.

The professor's mortified expression towards Lindsay had dropped as soon as she had taken note of Namjoon's finished results.

"Yes, Namjoon. What you've achieved is perfect. Congratulations."

The class had burst into applause and cheered for their star student.

As soon as the class was over and as everyone was preparing to leave the class, Miss Melody had turn towards Lindsay in despair before saying,

"Lindsay get up and come over to my desk. Don't leave the class," she had said while tapping her desk. "I'm going to teach you one on one,"

Poor Lindsay had no choice but to silently obey and drag her chair across the lab to sit next to her professor.

As Lindsay listened to her professor jabber on and on about the proper way of doing the experiment, she had seen Namjoon and his friends flash by outside the window while snickering at her and Namjoon had said, "How humiliating," to his friends while gesturing with his head to Lindsay. At that moment, Lindsay had felt like punching his perfect face.