𝐂𝐡 𝟐𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐞

Sighing in great relief, Lindsay stepped out of the bathroom with a white cotton towel wrapped around her body

Sighing in great relief, Lindsay stepped out of the bathroom with a white cotton towel wrapped around her body. With a peaceful smile and some soft humming, she gently dried her long wet hair while making her way towards her closet to fish out some dry clothes.

Upon opening the giant closet, she was not at all prepared for what laid inside.

"Nothing!" she cried alarmed with her mouth agape. In the moment of her shock, the towel which she had been clutching in her hand, slowly slid down to the floor as she gawked at the completely empty closet before her. Not even a rag or a piece of her clothing was there and even her entire suitcase had vanished into thin air. She just couldn't believe her eyes.

Straightening upto her full posture, she raked her hand through her wet hair as she agitatedly stared around her room while chewing her lip. Is it possible to get robbed within the few moments she had spent taking a shower? If so, how did the abominable clothes burglar manage to escape so silently. It's not even night-time, for goodness sake.

Surely Namjoon would have done something about if he had suspected a burglar in the house. But then Lindsay shook her head and threw that thought straight out the window. Namjoon wouldn't have the heart to alert her or even save her even during a petrifying earthquake. As long as anything can get more disaster to rain down mercilessly upon her other than the usual trail of disasters that follow her around, she decided that Namjoon would be at peace.

-"Mommy, can we get this, please?"

-"Don't be ridiculous, sweetheart. They are way too big for you."

-"But I want it!"

Lindsay was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts by the gentle voice of who she presumed to be a mother and the whiny and high-pitched one of her daughter coming straight out from her open window. Intrigued, she was just about to turn her head in the direction of the voices when another quite unpleasant one greeted her ears.

-"Oh. you're still here? I'm surprised."

Whipping her head around, to her dismay she came face to face with her blonde roommate bearing a smug smirk on his face while leaning coolly against the doorframe of her bedroom. Due to the heat of the moment, she decided that she just has no choice left but to seek the help from the boy she despised.

"Namjoon, do you happen to know where my clothes are? I- I can't find them." she explained while taking deep breaths in between in order to not lose her sanity.

In response to her worried acclaims, Namjoon closed his eyes and nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders at her as he said in an emotionless tone. "Well, if it's clothes you want, you're more than welcomed to join my little yard sale outside." He crossed his arms infront of his chest as he sent a mischievous smile her way.

Lindsay did a double take and blinked rapidly, clearly confused by the male's nonsensical words.

"Yard sale? Since when did you open up a yard sale?" she asked getting more and more bewildered by each passing moment.