yamaguchi tadashi : locked up

My #1 kin!! Here's the song that inspired me:

Like Real People Do - Hozier
"We should just kiss like real people do."

Y/n POV
It's the same thing everyday. There's only a few things to do in my cell anyways : eat, sleep, think and read. Even reading is boring as there's only five books in my bookshelf. All of them are old books, classic books, that you think would be an interesting read, but when I read them, they were terribly written. They weren't even written by the actual author!

Off brand Little Women sits beside my bed, it being the one I'm reading at the moment. Imagine Little Women, but like, no plot and it's mostly about the men. Not to mention, the women live "happily ever after" as housewives for their husbands. Little Women my ass.

The only other thing I can do is think. I just woke up from my first nap and it's only 11 in the morning so I can't sleep anymore for a while and lunch doesn't come for another hour and a half so I can't eat either so the only left is to think.

Not to mention, the only source of the outside world I have is a small window that I keep open during the spring and summer. It's spring at the moment. That leaves me with thinking.

It's been about half a year now that I've been locked in this hellhole of a cell. All for standing up for a little kid getting mistreated by a castle guard.

If it's not clear, the king and queen of my kingdom aren't the best. No, they're the worst. They locked up so many people for stupid reasons like: climbing trees, not working hard enough or even just having an annoying presence. I am one of those unfortunate victims. At least I wasn't alone for the most of it.

A couple months ago, there were different people in the hallway, chatting away to get rid of the boredom. But then, they found their opportunity to escape. When I tried to make them take me with them, they refused, saying they had no need for me. They left after that, leaving me alone in the small hallway. It's close to where all the other prisoners are yet I'm still very much alone.

For a couple weeks, I had a nice guard that was here. Usually, guards would come check on everybody once and a while, just to see if they were planing to escape. This one guard, though, was wonderful.

Seeing how alone and bored I was, she would sneak in books from the library and treats from the kitchen. She'd have long discussions with me on any topic. It only lasted a couple weeks before the other guards caught her. She was locked up somewhere else, away from me. Her lock up happened around a couple moths ago as well.

I'm all alone again in this disgusting cell in the disgusting dungeon of the castle. I'm about to force my way through another chapter of Not Little Women when the sound a creaking door is heard. That makes me sit up straight since the guards never check up on me at his time.

"Get in," the gruff voice of a guard commands someone. I hear the sound of struggling, grunts and feet sliding on the floor.

"I didn't do anything!" A male voice asks which surprises me. "I'm just not good at talking to people sometimes. I got lost!"

Before he can say anything more, the sound of shoving is heard. I quietly get out of my bed, desperate not to creek it. I slowly make my way to the cell door, not too close as to not get caught eavesdropping but close enough to try and peek at what's happening.

I see the guard's feet in front of the cell beside me before he walks away. I hear the new prisoner in the other side sigh before sliding his back down the wall. "What the hell am I going to do?" He mumbles.

"Hi," I greet out of nowhere. I chuckle slightly as he lets out a yelp. "Sorry for scaring you."

"Who are you? Where are you?" He asks nervously, making me chuckle again.