kosume kenma : frequent customer

University AU but no spoilers onto what Kenma's job is.

Enchanted - Taylor Swift
"Please don't be in love with someone else."

Kenma POV
There's this one cafe that I've gone to since high school. It's a cat cafe that Kuroo forced me to try and I quite liked it. I would come maybe once a year, but now, I can come whenever I want as it's close to the university I go to.

I'm out of my dorm on this warm Saturday morning because my roommate brought his girlfriend over. He basically kicked me out of the place, not that I wanted to be there and their lovey-dovey shit. So now, I walking to the cat cafe to finish up some homework.

I open the door so the little jungle of the bells above me sound. That immediately alerts some of the workers and the closest one comes towards me. "Table for one?" I nod so she leads me away from the door.

"Welcome, my name is L/n Y/n and I will be your server for today," she starts. I just awkwardly nod, not knowing what else to say. "Do you have a special cat that I can try to bring you?"

"Yes actually, is Kiwi available?" I ask so she tells me to wait as she leaves to find him. Kiwi was the cat that I always adored above all others. Lots of other people ignore him because he only has one eye due to an accident, but I've always liked him.

Soon enough, the server comes back with the grey cat in her hand. "There you go, just don't be upset if he runs away, most cats like it only their way. The royals they are," she jokes which actually makes me smile.

After placing Kiwi down, the cat seems to recognize me. He walks up to me and rubs his head on my hand. He then leaves and walks over to L/n to do the same.

"I feel bad for the guy, no one can see how cute he is. They're always disgusted by the one eye thing." I'm about to agree but I'm interrupted by L/n picking up Kiwi and holding him to her face. "But you're just too adorable for me to handle aren't you?" She says to the cat in a baby voice. I can't help but think on how adorable the sight is. But that's weird since I just met the girl so I look away.

"Y/n! Get back to work and stop playing with the cat!" A voice yells, surprising both me and L/n.

"Fine!" The server yells back, putting Kiwi down. I awkwardly go back to playing with Kiwi. "Sorry about that. Would you like to order anything?"

I give her my order then she leaves, saying hi to every cat she passes then gets yelled at again. This time, I let out a chuckle before pulling out my homework. Kiwi lies down beside me, giving me comfort as I work hard on my work. Even if it's sad that no one wants to play with Kiwi, it's nice having him all to myself.

-Timeskip-
A week later, I'm out and about, kicked out of my dorm once again. It's the same issue so I go to the same place. Maybe this should just become my weekly thing, go to the cat cafe every Saturday and play with Kiwi.

I enter the store, the same bells chiming when I open the door. This time, I wait a couple minutes before a server comes my way.

"Sorry about that, I got distracted. Table for-" She suddenly stops when she sees me. I'm about to ask what but I realize why she stopped. "Are you the same guy as last week? The one who played with Kiwi."

I nod, not remembering her name. "Well, welcome back. Will you be coming back every Saturday?"

"Well, I'm planning too because my dorm mate always seems to have his girlfriend over on Saturdays," I tell her. She smiles as she finds me a table, the same table I had last week. It's a nice table, next to the window and away from people.