shirabu kenjiro : never again - pt 2

Pt 2! Please read part 1 first (obviously)

About You - The 1975
"Do you think I have forgotten about you?"

Shirabu POV
The new student announcement is spreading like a wildfire. Whispers are heard from everywhere on the second year floor. Even people who aren't in my class, where the new student will be going, are wondering about the new arrival. We're only a few weeks into the school year but it's still unusual to be getting new arrivals here at Shiratorizawa so the whispers and the excitement are to no surprise.

"I feel like everywhere I go it's just talk about the new student," my friend Kawanishi comments as I pack my bag on the desk of our dorm. "Even some of the third and first years are talking about them." He looks at me with a curious look from the top bunk. "What do you think about the whole thing?"

I shrug halfheartedly. "I don't really care, I just don't want them to be a bother." I hear a light scoff from my friend which I ignore. I know what he's thinking. I'm always like this.

As soon as I'm finished, I close the bag. "I'll see you on Monday." Kawanishi bids me farewell too before I'm out our dorm.

It's a Saturday today and I usually stay with Mom during the weekend. She's all alone so I decide to keep her company when I'm not busy at school during the weekdays.

I take a small bus ride to my house, checking me phone every few minutes. Yesterday, mom said she had a surprise for me when I got there. I tried asking her what she meant but she hasn't responded to any of my texts. I wonder what she's talking about. Well, I'm about to find out.

When I finally arrive to the pleasant sight of my home, I open the door. I hear some voices inside, one being mom while the two others are some I swear sound familiar. The door creaks shut behind me, making the voices die down.

"Is that you sweety?" Asks Mom.

"Yeah," I respond, putting my indoor slippers on.

I walk into the living room, the room where the voices are. I'm about to greet whoever's there when I suddenly realize who they are. The L/n parents.

Does that mean...?

"Kenjiro!" A voice sounds from behind me. And like with a snap of a finger, time freezes along with the chill that goes up my spine. In shock, I turn to see Y/n standing there, grinning widely. "It's been so long."

I stare for only a moment longer before rushing to my room. I ignore mom's calls for me to get back downstairs and ignore Y/n's expression. This is too much to take in. She's back.

I immediately go to my desk, taking out my homework. Ever since Y/n left, I've developed a habit of studying or doing homework to ignore my feelings. It's a bad habit but I can't stop anymore. I need a distraction.

I don't know how long it is until I'm finally interrupted. Someone knocks on the door, breaking me out of my trance. I sigh before going to open it.

When I open it, I'm surprised to see Y/n. Oh yeah, she's back. She stands there, refusing to look up, fiddling with her fingers.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes which surprises me. "I know that this is sudden but I wanted to surprise you. It's okay if you don't want to see me anymore. I just wanted to apologize."

She starts to leave but, instinctively, I grab her wrist. The both of us are shocked at my move yet Y/n still turns around. Her eyes finally meet mine and all the old feelings I used to feel for her, the ones I tried to forget, returning just like that.

"It's not that I don't want to see you anymore," I start, feeling awkward as I take my hand back. "It's just a lot to take in. I mean, my best friend's back after three years."