eighteen.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

18: mature conversations

"...cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was..."

Twitter

DWTUPDATESS

Dream posted an IG story!

"I still can't believe that you're dating my brother

"I still can't believe that you're dating my brother. Him? Really? He's a nerd-" "Okay that's enough Clarisse. Don't try to scare away your brother's girlfriend again." Clay's mother said making the rest of their family laugh.

"I don't think Lauren is that easy to scare off. If she was, she would have been gone by now." Cate, Clay's older sister said jumping onto the joke. Lauren nodded, "Yeah, been here too long to let go." She said with a smirk as Clay finally walked in with his father.

He stopped walking when he realized that everyone was looking at him. He gulped and rubbed his palms on his pants, "Did I do something?" he asked.

The mother scoffed and grabbed a glass of wine, "You did." "Wha- what?" Dream asked confused as he looked at Lauren for confirmation.

For all he knew, they were fine. Great, amazing even so what the hell happened between the time they got there to when his father asked for his help at their garage.

"You, mister..." his mother trailed as she walked to him, pointing at him making the young man nervous. "Have yet to ask our Lauren to marry her."

"WHAT?!" the couple yelled in shock. The family chuckled, "Excuse mother, she has been at our asses to send clues to Clay to propose to you." Clarisse explained.

"And have you??" Clay asked confused. The siblings shared glances and nodded, "Yeah but you're a bit of a doofus." Cate said making Lauren huff and catching the attention of the parents.

"Has he even asked-" "Mom!" "What? All I want to know is if he tried." She said.

All of the attention was on her now. She felt her stomach twisting and she was turning pale. Clay noticed immediately and walked to her. Running his hand on her back and standing next to her.

"Mom-" "We have talked about it." Lauren cut Clay off. He looked down at her in shock but she was looking at his family with a look. Cate hummed and nodded, "Good. At least he has the balls to talk to you about it."

The parents smiled at their son as Clarisse pulled Lauren away from Clay, "Can we make smores now Laurie?" She chuckled and nodded, "Sure." she said with a bright smile.

The dinner didn't last long after that confrontation. They had a great meal with the family, shared some stories, embarrassed Clay, made smores, and embarrassed Clay some more, before ending it with Clay's dad singing with Laurie on the karaoke machine, she had gifted the parents at Christmas.

Now, the couple was on their way back home where Sapnap and George should have cleaned after the mess of a stream they did with Karl and Quackity. The latter two arrived a few days ago for Sapnap's birthday so it was a full house.

As Clay was driving through the night from his parent's home with Lauren humming to the random song playing on the radio as she sat peacefully in the passenger seat.

Her words not leaving his head prompted him to pull over. Lauren looked at him confused, "Clay?" He sighed and gulped. "Are you okay?" she asked concerned.

She placed her hand on top of his and he looked at her. His eyebrows furrowed and a slight frown on his lips. "Clay, what's wrong?"

He took a deep breath and intertwined their fingers, "What you said back there..." he trailed off as he stared at her softly.

"Which one? I said a lot of things Ali..." she answered. He hummed and nodded. Lauren was a quiet and shy girl but the moment she gets to know you or gets close to you, she will talk your ear off.

"About the marriage thing..." he trailed again. And it finally dawned on her, she didn't lie. The two had talked about it many times but in a joking way. Where Dream would suddenly ask her to marry him and she would say yes and that would lead to them talking about their future.

She gripped his hand and sighed, "We do talk about Clay. A lot." "I know. But those aren't always serious. Do you- I mean- Would you want-"

"Clay..." Lauren cut him off as she placed a hand on his cheek. "Of course I do. Clay, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't sure."

He let out a sigh of relief and leaned towards her, his forehead on top of hers. A smile now formed on his lips, "Good. Because I am not letting you go."

Lauren chuckled and pecked his lips, "I didn't plan on letting you."