twelve.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

12: meeting the boyfriend

"...I see you head over heels, I feel like you deserve it, there's no pressure, we can do whatever makes you comfortable..."

Twitter

causelaurie

back a day before the party

↳username10 wait that looks cool, wish my teacher had that when I was in school

username10 wait that looks cool, wish my teacher had that when I was in school

           ↳causelaurie it was an unorthodox move for me seeing as mental health is always mentioned but actions are rarely done to acknowledge it :)

username90 glad to see you're back laurie!

          ↳causelaurie was just passing by, but thank you! <3

DWTUPDATESS

Dream is in this IG story!

username100 WAIT WHAT?!

username91 wait where did you get this???

          ↳DWTUPDATESS it was from an IG story of one of Laurie's students (we asked for permission :) )

"Group yourselves into 8!" Laurie announces making her students rush around to form a group with 8 people in it. It was currently the Christmas Party of her class and they were playing their last game, The Boat is Sinking.

It was one of the classic games that her students insisted on playing the day before when Laurie officially returned from work.

Yesterday was quite an emotional day for her, her students, and her co-workers. She wasn't supposed to come back until the new year arrives but she was granted permission by the board to come back to be with her students and celebrate Christmas.

"Alright, I think its time we eat, yeah?" she asked and the students cheered making her chuckle and shake her head. She accompanied her students to eat and chat about what they have been up to while she was gone.

They were having a nice conversation until it was interrupted by a knock. All heads turned to the door to see Rach. The young woman was smirking, "Someone's here to see you Laurie." She said as she crossed her arms.

Lauren stood up and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. But that all washed away when she saw who it was. Her lips turned into a smile as her eyes brightened.

She rushed to Dream who stood with 4 tupperwares of mango graham which was made by Lauren's aunt last night. She pulled him into a one-arm hug.

This made her students gasp when they realized who it was. Rach rolled her eyes but smiled at the sight. It was hard for her to accept the news that her best friend told her but she knew it was what made Lauren happy and what was safer for her.

"Ms. Laurie..." the president of the class spoke up making the brunette look at her class with a bright smile. "Class, this is Clay. My boyfriend."

It may seem weird to other people but Lauren was the kind of teacher that creates a sense of sister bond than just a mentor relationship with her students. They weren't her first batch of students to handle but it was always like that.

So, they knew she was in a relationship but it wasn't until recently they found out who it was. This was the reason why they were quick to her rescue when the incident happened.

This was also the reason why some of them were excited to meet him while some were interrogating him. Needless to say, it was a great way to end the party.

"Okay, before we all go our separate ways, I know the news really hit you hard." The silence was what returned to Lauren as she was giving her final speech to her class. "I'm sorry I won't be there to see you finish this year or your journey through finishing high school but I know you can do it.

"Things may turn rocky and challenging but I believe in you. All of you. Thank you for being part of my journey as a teacher. I will cherish and bring memories to Florida with me."