ten.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

10: work leave

"...and I will hold, I'll hold onto you, no matter what this world'll throw..."

Dream studied Lauren, he was watching her drive. After tweeting about the situation, the blonde was quick to call his girlfriend.

As Anthony told him, Lauren answered his call. Given, she was in bed. Her face is barely seen because she was half asleep at the time.

But from the moment he called, he refused to let her hang up. Even if small words were shared, even if she got ready to go to her work to file for temporary leave, and then now where she was driving back home.

"Have you passed the food place by your work?" Dream asked as he watched her. She shook her head, "Not yet." She answered quietly.

She already knew what he was about to encourage her to do. He hummed, "You should go and eat something Ali..."

The silence was the only thing Lauren returned to Clay. Something that made him frown, "Lauren." He said sternly. She sighed, "I'm not hungry-" "You haven't eaten anything yet. Please."

She looked at her phone, he saw the way Dream was looking at her. She saw how tired he was which made her feel guilty.

"As long as you sleep if I do." She bargained. Dream shook his head, "I'm not sleepy Ali-" "You haven't slept a wink since you got back from Antarctica." She cut him off as she took the turn to the drive-thru of the food place they would eat at when he was there to visit.

Dream frowned, "But-" "No buts. I'm already in line at the drive-thru." She muttered. He sighed but nodded, he moved to lay down on his bed, Patches finding her way to him.

The moment she was in view, Lauren smiled. "Hi, Patchy." She whispered as she saw Dream was starting to doze off. The cut meowed at her making her chuckle.

As she was ordering, the cat was watching her as Dream's eyes were betraying him. The moment she had gotten her food, she glanced at her phone and she couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Cuddle him for me will you Patches."

And as if the cat understood her, she meowed and cuddled closer to her owner. This allowed Lauren to drive in silence, she could have hung up but if she was being honest, even if her boyfriend was asleep, she didn't feel like being alone.

She wouldn't want to get too lost in her head alone. As she was driving back home from work, she was advised by her co-workers and friends to file a leave. It hurt her to think that this situation affected her passion.

Lauren adored her job and she enjoyed every single part of it. But even if she was upset and hurt, it wasn't because of Clay. Not by him, never.

She had accepted what would happen to her and her life the moment she decided to stay in Clay's life. But she would be lying if she said she wasn't affected by this.

She was just about close to her house when the sound of a door was opened. She glanced at the phone just in time for Sapnap's voice to be heard, "Dream? You awake?"

Sapnap noticed that his best friend was on call with Lauren. "Laurie." She smiled at him, "Hey Nick."

He sighed, "Are you on your way home? Dream told us about the leave thing..." the younger boy didn't know how to say what he wanted to say, and Lauren knew that.

She has known Sapnap for years and she knew what he wanted to say to her. "I'm okay Nick." She said to reassure him.

But Sapnap knew, just like how she knew what he wanted to tell her. Nick was always like a younger brother to her and not just her boyfriend's best friend. Maybe it was the culture they shared but whatever it is, it pissed Nick off.

"I'm home now Nick. I'm going inside, do me a favor, leave the call on and put a blanket over him will you?"

"Sure thing Laurie."