nine.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

9: voice message

"...because none of it was worth the risk, but you are the only exception..."

It had been officially the end of their challenge in Antarctica. Dream got out of the plane where they were brought to the place they first stayed in before being brought to the ice plain hours before.

He walked into the hotel where they were staying for another night before flying back to Florida. He followed Sapnap and Karl who was sleepily walking to their rooms.

The blonde was saying good night to his best friends when Jimmy appeared, "Dream." The streamer turned to his good friend, "Yeah?"

From the look on the brunette's face, it was something bad. "You should check your voicemails." He vaguely said.

Dream furrowed his eyebrows and turned on his phone. Seeing as there was no service at the place they filmed at he had turned it off.

The moment the phone was turned on, he was first welcomed by the sight of him and Lauren on her graduation as his lock screen and then a bunch of notifications.

It would have been normal if it wasn't for the mountains of messages from Manager Ken, his mom, and sisters, but more so from Lauren's brother, Anthony.

His heart hammered in his chest as he tried to think of any possible reason as to what the commotion was about. "You should go inside your room and check everything Dream."

And that he did. He just wished he did it earlier.

Voicemail

Anthony sent you seven (7) voicemails

Open

"Hey. I know you're filming and you won't be hearing this for a few more hours but I wanted to be the person to tell you. It happened Clay, she got doxed. Fans went to her workplace and bombarded her, she was lucky a few of her students were there to protect her. She's taking a break from everything, I know you would want to call her, and she will probably answer. But, please don't call her if you're angry. You know that it will just upset her more. Yes Clay, she is upset. Not at you, at the situation. She could never be upset at you or your job but please, be there for her when you get this.

Manager Ken already called me, he took down the original post but you know how the internet works. Once it's put out there, it will stay.

I'm staying with her for a few days until you get here. Be safe Dream, she's waiting for you."

end of voicemail

It was as if someone flipped a switch in him. Anger grew in him, he quickly opened Twitter and there he saw that he was tagged in multiple reposts of the doxing.

It made his stomach churn, he felt like he was about to puke. He always knew that this was a possibility but from the positive acceptance of his community with Lauren, he didn't expect this to happen. But it did.

And he wasn't there for her.

And that was what hurt him more.

She got mobbed.

Yelled at.

Called names.

And he wasn't there.

Tears appeared in his eyes as he started to type out a Tweet. He didn't want to sound too aggressive, he knew Lauren would scold her for being angry at people he didn't know.

The thought making him chuckle. He knew that even if this happened, Lauren would still remind him to not be angry at anyone.

That was just one of the reasons why he loves her.

After reading it one last time and wiping his eyes from the tears, he pressed tweet. And in an instant, it went viral.

Twitter

Dream

I'm tweeting this on my main to hopefully reach more of you than on my alt. I am absolutely disgusted and disappointed at what happened. This is just the reason why I and Lauren hid our relationship-

Dream We didn't want any of our personal situations, especially our pasts to be thrown out in public like this. But because of the circumstances, I will say something about it-

Dream I will not say anything further about whatever that disgusting post was about but rather, I am talking about the people that bombarded my girlfriend at her work-

Dream Lauren is not a content creator. She has a job outside this community therefore the fact that some of you went out of your way to harass her like that makes me so angry-

Dream I love Lauren. And if you can't comprehend that, I'm sorry. You can't change anything. Lauren stays in my life and that means more to me than my career. If it means that she will have her privacy again, I will be taking a break from everything and I am not sorry about it-

Dream She means the world to me and if you, my fans can't understand that then you can leave. I don't want to be associated with anyone who disrespects me or the people I love. That's all for now. Thank you to those who protected and spoke up about her. I appreciate those small action.