Chapter six | Chikara | edited

Start from the beginning

"We don't kill them," she informed them, her voice stern to get the message to them. "We work as a team, and we don't die."

"Don't mess up." Was all the teammates could make out from Hitomi before a cloud of smoke flooded the air between them.

"Look out!" Raiden yelled as he jumped backwards and into the clear.

They're separating us. Uta thought in shock as she landed a far distance away from cloud.

"Raiden!" Uta heard the voice of Miyuku shout among the destruction.

I can't see them! Or pinpoint their location! She panicked, hesitantly moving her body towards the smoke.

And suddenly she felt a force make contact with her chest, shoving her backwards. Stunned, her eyes widened as her head flew backwards and her body flipped.

Focus! Her mind screamed and she braced her fall by throwing her legs with her body, flipping back onto two feet.

When she looked around she saw the attacker grinning madly in front of her.

She had moved quite far away from their original placement. The forest was merely meters away from her and mist lined the undergrowth. The view before her was of ash and smoke, devouring the air like a swarm of flies.

Uta managed to flip herself backwards just as a gigantic blade hit the earth beneath her, a narrow escape.

Timing is precise. She told herself confidently, she already had an execution plan. She studied the man as he lifted the sword from the dirt and disappeared again.

When he reappeared he was over her, falling to the ground.

Gotcha! He descended towards her, itching to swing the blade across her skin. He wanted to please his master.

His grin widened as it approached her, Uta remained still as the air created a slashing sound. And what the man expected to be a bloodbath, was nothing but his blade meeting the earth.

Uta disappeared from her spot, landing on top of a tree branch behind him. Her feet softly landed as she leaned her back against the trunk.

The man whom was her opponent stood with confusion as he attempted to pull the weapon from the dirt, so Uta wasted no time in disposing of him.

She reached into her boot and claimed two sebon needles which she fit between her fingers.

Just one hit and you'll be out cold. She informed in her mind as she lined them up at her target.

Stab.

Stab.

The man collapsed as the needles pierced his skin. His head harshly smacking onto the ground as his arms lay limp at his sides.

"Don't underestimate your opponents." Uta stated in irritation. She let out a breath and lowered her hand. But all was not over as her eyes suddenly gazed to her side in anger.

She pulled a kunai just in time to clash blades with another sword. Her teeth grit as a crazed enemy pushed their face closer to her own.

"What were you saying?" He asked, the insane look in his eye caused Uta to push harder against the blade.

Uta pushed her kunai forward to dispel the clash and disappeared. She was midair as she reappeared behind him and swung her leg at his head.

"Time to dance, bitch."

~~~

"Miyuki!" Raiden shouted, his eyes wide as he momentarily froze. Miyuki's blade automatically stopped, a trail of blood ran down the edge of it escaping from the enemies skin.