Natsu held Lucy in his arms as she cried. He kept her close, whispering words of comfort as he tried to calm her by running his fingers through his hair. Lucy slowly felt her fear slowly dissipate as she nestled her head against his shoulder, feeling his warmth.

"It's all right Lucy"

Holding on to her Natsu slowly brought them to the floor, Lucy sitting in his lap as he rested against his door. "What happened?" he softly called out his voice heavy with sleep, running his fingers through her hair, waiting for her to catch her breath. She leaned against Natsu's chest feeling exhausted as all the fear and adrenaline left her body.

"I finally understand." She crooked out her voice trembling. Confused Natsu held on to her tighter. Slowly he started to wake up and her scent was off as she cried in his arms. Her scent mixed with Grey, Juvia, and blood... His body swelled with rage and for a second everything was a blaze in fire before he was back holding Lucy tighter.

"Lucy, what happened?" He whispered softly into her ear, warming his body up feeling the coldness of her body. Lucy shook her head in his chest as her cries softly faded. Natsu looked down at her, brushing the hair from her face as he held her closer, the way her eyes were fighting sleep.

"Being afraid of losing them after something happens. It's the way you become afraid." Lucy confessed. "The way you always see that image of them" Lucy choked out as she hid her head, her voice trembling and heavy. "It's the fear of something you can't control," Lucy continued, her voice shaking, "the fear that you could lose them at any moment."

-

"I was so afraid" Lucy cried out. She sobbed, tears streaming down her face, her hands clutching her heart. Lucy overwhelmed with grief and sorrow, her chest heaving as she tried to make sense of her feelings. She felt helpless and scared, her fear of loss and uncertainty all too real.

Her voice barely above a whimper, quivering with tears "I never want to feel that way again,"

-

Natsu looked down and wiped away the tears that fell as he held on to Lucy watching as she slowly fought her sleep. He tightened his grip on her, desperately wishing he could protect her from any pain or sorrow she was sure to endure.

Natsu's eyes stung with tears as he held her closer. He wanted so badly to shield her from any hurt or suffering that was certain to come her way, but all he could do was hug her tightly as his eyes brimmed with tears. " I'm so sorry Luce that happened " Natsu whispered running his fingers through her hair, holding her closer as she cried. " It's all right now." "Everything's going to be okay," Natsu assured her, his voice soft and comforting.

Her cries slowly came to an end as Natsu held her, slowly calming her down. "It's all right, just take a deep breath, Luce." He gently stroked her hair, reassuring her with his gentle words. "You're safe now, everything is going to be alright." She closed her eyes, allowing herself to be comforted by Natsu's presence and allowing herself to take a deep breath. He pulled her closer, providing her with a secure and safe embrace as he whispered tenderly, "It's okay, let it all out if you need to."

"Lucy, did someone hurt you too? Do you want to talk about it right now?" he whispered. Lucy shook her head again. Lucy said nothing as she nodded off in Natsu's arms. The night before, weighed her down as she tried sleeping but all she could do was stare at the wall and Juvia.

Natsu wanted an answer, but he knew she was just more tired than anything. Natsu sighed as he brushed Lucy's hair away from her face, deciding to let her rest for now. He would find out when she was ready.

"Lucy, go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up," Natsu softly whispered, fixing her in his arms to make her more comfortable. Natsu gently kissed the top of her head in a comforting gesture, and gradually, the steady rise and fall of her chest calmed. "I finally understand what you mean, why you did it. I understand Natsu ." Lucy whispered