Fifty-Eight

*5 years later*

'Anthony James Lucas Rogers! You put him down, right now!'... Lia stood with her hands on her hips, scowling at her 6 year old son. She had soon regretted after his 3rd birthday of allowing Loki to teach AJ magic.

Right now, she was trying really hard not to laugh at the fact he had Scott, bound and gagged, hanging upside down... 'But he said he wanted to see my magic..'

She pinched the bridge of her nose, taking a deep breath... 'Put him down now please..'.. She saw him pout, before putting Scott the right way up, and release him from the bindings... 'Scott, Im so sorry. Are you ok?'

'Oh, I'm fine..'.. He grinned at her, but soon dropped it when he saw the look on her face... 'Uh, well, I-I should go find Sam, bye'... He sprinted from the main room.

Lia sighed, shaking her head, as she walked over to the couch, that held a sleeping spider... 'Peter..'.. She gave him a little shake, and he was still snoring lightly... 'Peter!..'... She called louder, and he jolted, sitting up right.

'Huh? Oh, hi Lia. Sorry, uh..'.. He ran a hand over his tired face..'.. We were, we were watching film, I guess I fell asleep, sorry..'

Lia looked between the young man, and her son... 'No you didn't, he put you to sleep..'.. She dropped on the couch next to him, and turned to AJ... 'What have I told you, about using your powers on family?'

The little boy shuffled on his feet, his head hanging down... 'Not to do it because I don't know what could happen..'

'Exactly. Now, you got something to say to Peter..'.. She asked, watching him nod, and then look over to Peter.

'I'm sorry I used my magic on you. I promise not to do it again...'.. AJ sniffled, and looked at him mom... 'Sorry mommy'

'Come here..'.. She gave him a small smile, and held her arms out for him to hug her... 'The others are all on their way here. In a few hours, you'll be bale to play with your cousins..'

AJ pulled back, grinning up at her... 'Emily too?'

Lia smiled down at him. Her little boy had such a soft spot for Emily, Bucky and Ellies daughter. Considering her dad is a super soldier, Emily was the most gentlest soul Lia had ever met.

'Yes, she's coming too. Morgan, Emily, Alice, Tommy, Billy, AJ, Cass, Lila, Cooper, Nate and you'll finally be able to meet little Mina...'... Lia brushed his hair from his face.

AJ hoped up and down excited... 'I want to hold her. I want to practice for when Maggie comes...'... He points to her pregnant belly. Lia laughed, ruffling his hair.

'You are going to be the world's best big brother ever..'.. She gets to her feet, patting Peter on the shoulder... 'Thank you for watching him Peter, I do appreciate it. Now, go see your girl. Tell her she's welcome to the party tomorrow, bring Ned and May too..'

She watched as Peter grabbed his bag and shot off, waving his hand in acknowledgement. Lia turned, hearing footsteps coming her way. She grinned, seeing her niece barrel into the room, heading straight for her, or so she thought.

Morgan ran right past her, and tackled AJ to the floor in a bear hug... 'Its your birthday tomorrow!'.. Lia winced, worried Morgan would deafen her cousin with how loud she was shouting.

'You sure it's not twins? You're huge..'.. Lia pinched the bridge of her nose, irritated with him, and hed only just stepped into the room.

*Don't be an asshole Tony. You know, pregnant or not, I will kick your ass*.... She spoke to him in his mind, not wanting the kids to hear her reprimand him.

He chuckled at her, shaking his head... 'Sorry. So, you got everything ready for the party?'

Yep. The day after we're going to Wakanda, then at the weekend, to Asgard...'.. She came to stand with him, wrapping her arm around his back. The two of them watched as their kids played, running about, laughing... 'Did you ever think this would be our lives?'

Tony thought about it, and no he didn't. He was happy that he retired shortly before Morgan was born. Him and Pepper had gotten married, when their daughter was 6 months old, now living a quiet life away from the compound. Lia had taken over running it, and while pregnant, ran the missions from there.

Clint, Nat and Bruce had retired too, Bruce ran the labs, while Nat ran logistics. The two were happy with their daughter Alice, now living in his and Peppers old apartment attached to the compound. Clint would visit from time to time, bringing his family with him.

Barnes, Ellie and Emily had their own place outside of the city. He was in charge of training the new recruits, while Ellie was happy to be Nats right hand woman.

Wanda and Vision had gotten married, when she was 4 months pregnant with the twins, and they too, had moved outside of the city, now living across from Barnes.

What surprised Tony the most, was when Steve had announced he wanted to retire, with Sam to take up the shield. Tony never doubted for a moment, that Sam wasn't the right man for the job, he was the perfect choice.

Sam now ran the new team, with Pietro as his second in command. The speedster was now a father himself, with a 2 month old daughter, Mina. He and Grace were engaged, their wedding 4 months away.

Sam was in a long term relationship with Sharon, the two just somehow fitted right with each other.

Loki had decided to remain on earth, he and Helen had become an item, not long after AJs birth, the two had kept it secret for almost a year, until Tony had walked in on them, in the med bay. Something he wished he could forget.

Thor had returned to Asgard, taking his place as king, with his wife Jane. They would visit at least twice a year.

Rhodey was now head of the DOD, and liason for the Avengers. Tony couldn't be more proud of the family they had, even with the new recruits.

Peter, MJ, Ned, Kamala, Yelena, Kate, Cassie, Harley and Riri. Each one had a great skill set or power. Tony knew that under Barnes and Wilsons guidance, they would thrive.

Though, seeing how far he and his sister had come, he couldn't be happier for her. After everything she had been through, if anyone deserved a good life, it was her. He just hoped she couldn't read his mind, knowing that Rogers was planning a proposal tomorrow evening.

He put his arm around his sister, watching his daughter and nephew play superheroes, knowing that one day, they would lead the next generation... 'No, but this is so much better than I could ever imagine...'

😘

A/N... And that's the end of the story. I'm still debating whether to carry it on, but would love to hear from you all.

Thank you for following this story, it means a lot to me. Keep an eye out for the next one. 😘