Twenty-One

After a few hours, the party had wound down, and Lia had introduced Sam to an agent called Hannah. The two flirted shamelessly with each other and pretty quickly, snuck away. Lia smirked with pride, knowing that she just set up a match.

She was sat on one of the couches, with her shoes off, her legs tucked in. She winked over at Nat, and licked her lips, while Nat shook her head.

The team were all laughing and joking, about Thors hammer Mjolnir. They all began to take turns trying to lift it from the table. Clint went first, and she smirked at his confidence. She burst out laughing when Tony took his turn.

She felt she could barely breathe, when he and Rhodey tried with their suit gloves. Bruce tried right after, and then Capsicle. She smirked, drinking her beer. She watched it nudge slightly and looked straight at Thor. She knew she wasn't the only one who saw it.

'Widow?'... Bruce smiled at her.

'Oh, no, no. That's not a question I need answered..'.. He laid on her side, on the couch drinking her beer.

'All deference to the man who wouldn't be king, but its rigged..'.. Tony says, picking up a bottle of wine.

'You bet your ass..'.. Clint clapped him on the back, as he passed Tony.

'Steve, he said a bad language word..'.. Hill said innocently.

'Did you tell everyone about that?..'.. Steve asked, shaking his head, laughing.

'The handles imprinted, right?'... Lia watches Tony come up with all sorts of ideas, and she stood walking over to the hammer.

'Great theories Tony, but here's an idea..'.. She picked up the hammer, and shook it in her hand. She looked around at shocked faces, as she handed it to Thor... 'You're all not worthy..'.. She looked at Thors stunned expression... 'Does that make me a queen now?'

A high pitched noise echoed around the room, and they all flinched... 'Worthy..'

The all turn, to the voice that had spoken. There was a broken legionnaire, stumbling by the elevator... 'No, how could you be worthy. You're all killers..'

Lia flexed her fingers at her sides. Something was about to happen, and she wasn't going down, without a fight...'Tony..?'

'Jarvis?'... Tony says, calling for his AI.

'I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a dream..'.. The legionnaire spoke. Lia didn't take her eyes off it.

'Tony, what the fuck is going on?'... She said quietly, trying not to get angry.

He pulled out his device, trying to talk to Jarvis... 'Reboot legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit..'

'There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in, in strings..'... It continues to stumble about. This didn't seem like one of Tony's other legionnaires, this was different. It was talking as though it was alive.

'Tony, what did you do?'... She growled slightly.

'I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy..'

'You killed someone?'... Lia scoffed at the judgmental tone of Captian Righteousness.

'Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're face with ugly choices..'..

Lia stepped forward, she had enough of this shit... 'Who or what the fuck are you?'... She created a staff in her hand, taking a stance.

The legionnaire played a recording of Tony's voice, and she stopped, Turing to her brother... 'I'm going to kill you, after I kill that..'.. She gestures with her staff.