𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

The ice pinched my exposed skin, my limbs numbing from the cold. "Hayley..." Was all I could think about. She had pushed her brother aside, stepping into the tub, knowing the risk of it all. I could be so mad at her, but right now I was praying to the divines that she would be okay. I felt myself slip into this trance like state, letting go of the tub I let my hand fall, and float in the icy water. I closed my eyes, as the water's embrace enveloped me, cocooning me in a calming hull. My eyes shot open, the blinding orange flashing in front of me, as I shot up from the tub. My body flew out of the water, and so did Allison beside me. I scrambled out of the tub, taking in the bare white atmosphere. The arrayed rectangular light boards overhead, the white beams, the white walls. There was nothing here. "Hayley." I whispered, turning back to the tub. The centre tub was still, I rushed over to the metal basin, swatting the water, trying to find Hayley somewhere inside. "Hayley! Hayley!" I screamed, as panic washed over me.
"Dude?" A sarcastic voice emerged from behind me. I frantically looked over my shoulders finding the young Stilinski towering over me, beside her Allison. I slowly stood up processing the fact that she was here instead of Stiles. "Are you honestly so stupid?" I questioned harshly. She raised her eyebrows at me in defence.
"Something could've gone wrong, how could you be so reckless." I whined, grasping her forearm. She showed no reaction to my sudden lecture, instead she took one look at my arm which held hers. "Do you really wanna play the 'who's more reckless' game right now?" She questioned incentively. My furrowed brows straightened, at her sarcastic remark. I spun around, taking in the empty space around us. Three drenched girls, three metal tubs and a whole lot of nothing. "What's that?" Allison asked pointing at something in the distance. I squinted my eyes, trying to make out the irregular figment. "Looks like...a tree stump? A very big tree stump." Hayley replied, her hands on her hips. The three of us slowly made our way to this random tree stump, which sat in this empty room. "The Nemeton." I muttered in relisation. The familiarity of it drew me closer, as I reached out a hand. Resting it on the tree's surface, a soft buzz filtered down my arm, transferring into the tree. My head fell forward at the sudden impact, the orange flashes coming back.

Once the flashing had ceased, I looked up, finding myself in a dark forest, I felt the grass creeping in between my toes. I stopped walking, taking in this oh so familiar feeling. I looked up in the dimness of the night, studying the tress which circled me. I was back in that vision, the vision I had before I died. I analysed my surroundings, looking for some anomaly which exposed the location of this stump. My feet began to lead me, and I followed. My instincts dragged me deeper and deeper into the forrest, until I stopped. Looking down in front of me was the Nemeton. This place...I have no clue where it is, but I know I can find it.

I leapt out of the water, the melted ice spewing over the edge of the tub. In unison, Allison and Hayley leapt out of the trance too. "We know where it is." Hayley begun, gasping for air. I began coughing out the water which managed to escape into my lungs. Isaac appeared from down the hall, rushing to my side with a towel. I stepped out of the tub, as Isaac wrapped my soaking body. "We can find them, it's at this really huge tree stump." I continued. Deaton's expression dropped, as I looked outside. It was daylight.
"How long were we out for?" I questioned worriedly.
"16 hours." Deaton responded flatly. My heart sank to my stomach...the full moon. It rises tonight.

I rubbed my hair with the towel as I began to pace the clinic. "I need to get my brother back. I need to talk to Deucalion." I argued, stubborn to listen to any alternative ideas. Isaac appeared before me, holding me in place. "Are we seriously going to trust the guy, who almost got us all killed?" Stiles countered from the a nearby corner.
"I have a plan, we will use him as bait. It will work, trust me." I pleaded, looking at all the disagreeing faces in the room. I turned to Isaac who looked down at me with an unsettled expression. Before I could continue my argument, the front door bell of the clinic chimed. Deaton walked out, signalling for us all to stay put. "I'm looking for Colette." Ethan's voice echoed from the front desk. I stepped out of the doorway, leaning against the frame. "What happened?" I questioned staring at Ethan's disturbed face.
"I need your help." He said shakily.
"With what?" Isaac and Stiles said in unison as they stepped in front of me, setting a wall between me and Ethan. I squeezed in between the two, appearing before Ethan.
"Stopping Kali and Valerie. From killing Derek." He finished. My jaw tightened in annoyance, they would not give up. I made my way pass Deaton, and beside Ethan. "Where are they." I demanded sternly, my wolf eyes illuminating a threatening glow.