𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞
─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

scott's pov:

I looked back at the reflection in the fogged mirror. She wasn't suppose to know that way, now she won't even talk to me. "Mum. We're going to have to talk about this eventually." I dazed out as I remembered her returning home and heading straight into her room, not saying a single thing to me. She's scared of me...what I've become. The front door slammed shut, causing me to come out of my memories. I couldn't hear the footsteps that were supposed to follow even with my enhanced sense of hearing. With my body still damp, I slowly turned around opening the bathroom door. I froze in shock to the sight in front of me. Jackson was there plastered on my ceiling as the kanima, his tail coiled tightly around my sister's neck. My sister?

colette pov:

This creature's tailed continued to tighten around my neck, and I could feel my lungs burn by the second. Scott stood in horror not knowing what to do. I can't imagine what's going through his head right now. Being pulled into this supernatural chaos which hid right beneath our noses. "Scott-" I tried to speak up, an attempt to reassure him, but I couldn't. No words could escape through the grasp this reptilian monster had on me. "As you can see Scott, there has been some interesting developments lately." The old man in the corner announced amused at the scene before him. I could feel my mind going fuzzy by the minute but I had to hold on...just a little longer. I glanced back at Scott, he seemed different now. He was angry, but not angry ragingly pissed. I think I caught a faint gold glimmer in his eye but what I know for sure was that he had sprung out claws. My breath tightened not from the scaly tail around my neck but from the realization that Scott already knows about this supernatural chaos.

"Let her go." Scott demanded.

"Can't do that. Let her live? That's up to you." The old man contended. A pit sunk in my stomach... an ultimatum. I began to accept my fate of death knowing that Scott might actually let me die. I don't blame him, I left and never called or texted and I rarely visited. I chose to leave with the man that hurt Scott and I. A tear slipped from the corner of my eye, and Scott for sure didn't see it.

"Scott I'll let her live, but on one condition. You give me what I want." The old man stood up from his seat and made his way to me. He looked me in my eyes, a dark lace of vengeance circling him.

"What do want?" Scott questioned, I bet he was debating his options in his head.

"I want Derek." The old man ordered, now turning back to Scott.

Shit. I am a dead girl walking. I winced at the man's demands.

"Derek or the girl dies Scott." And with that the creature released me, and I fell to the floor. The old man left quickly and I was still on the floor gasping for air. "Are you okay?" That once familiar voice asked. I looked up finding my brother also on the ground beside me with a worrisome look on his face. In this moment I had to decide between two things. The truth and the lie, and which one would cause the most pain.

"Scott what the hell was that?" I coughed, my chest still in pain.
"Colette look there's a lot you don't know alright. I will explain everything to you soon." My heart ached with sadness as I knew what my decision was.

"Scott...That THING is not human...and so are you. Explain what the hell happened in Beacon Hills while I was gone." I demanded.

We were now in the kitchen, Scott handed me a mug, of coffee. I held the mug in my hand the warmth enclosed in my palms. I stared at the liquid not wanting to take a sip. Scott took a sip of his and noticed I haven't. "What's wrong?" Scott questioned. My lips trembled, as a genuine feeling overcame me. That awkward feeling you get when meeting someone you met a long time ago in the present time. The feeling of a faint, tainted memory resurfacing. "I hate coffee." I scoffed as my eyes glossed over. I set down the mug folding my arms over, I held my breath, attempting to collect myself. This town, this house. It was once just a figment of my memory, a daydream that I'd someday come back. But not like this.
His sister who left when she was little, came back years later. "Scott I'm sorry okay. I'm so so sorry. I never wanted to leave you or mum. I loved Beacon Hills." I said soft spoken, my voice breaking with each word. I reached for his hand, and he held mine. I saw that his eyes had glossed over too.