𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

A/N: brief mention of sh

𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤
───  ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅  ───

Over the summer break, I grew closer with Isaac and the Hales. Lydia was frequently with Allison, and Hayley I still haven't seen. Maybe it's because I'm scared to see her after all these years. "You have been lying there for god knows how long," Isaac whined from his desk. I turned on my side glaring at him sarcastically. Isaac has been staying with Derek for a while now, and I crash here a couple of times. Scott and I still haven't talked as much, and are still distant despite us being under the same roof. "Isaac, I am just exhausted." Isaac pulled his wheely chair towards the bed, resting his elbow on one of the pillows. My eyes glanced over his features, my cheeks warming into a light rose shade.

"Uh huh, exhausted." He replied with sarcasm. I glared at him, his blue eyes glinting with amusement. I turned on my back hoping he hadn't seen my stained cheeks, facing the ceiling again letting out an aggravated sigh. "Colette look, school's starting tomorrow, it will be your first day back. Do you want to see Hayley on good terms or awkwardly in the hallway?" I shot Isaac a stern look, as he spoke what I was thinking. I sat up from the bed, swinging my legs over the edge. I had landed in between Isaac, his knees on the side of my legs. He rested his hands on the edge of the bed beside me. A breath got caught in my throat, as Isaac's eyes glistened ever so slightly. Looking down I took a deep breath, taking control of my racing heartbeat.

"It was my fault, what I said-" I started, fiddling with my fingers in my hands.

"What you said how many years ago?" Isaac countered a small smirk appearing across his lips, lowering his head into my view. I accepted defeat, as I stood up, Isaac's chair wheeled backwards reaching for my bag. "Can you drive me?" I asked, debating whether or not this was a wise idea. Isaac beamed as he led me out of the house, my bag still in his hands.

"Do you want me to wait or..." Isaac questioned from the driver's seat. Fiddling with my thumbs I looked out at Hayley's front door. "It's fine, I'm gonna head home after this." I replied, anxiety curling up in me. I stepped out Isaac's car, walking up the pathway. I stood before the door, hesitating to knock on it. "Fuck." I cursed beneath my breath, I reached back up to knock on the door but a sound from beside the house startled me. I skipped down the porch steps, running over to the noise. There was a brunette, with long wavy hair, wearing a jumper and jeans. She had hopped over the fence from the Stilinski's backyard. "Hayl's?" I questioned. In response to her name she looked over at me. One look up and down gritting her teeth. She tried to walk past me but I pushed her back. "Hayley please." I reasoned.

"What brought you back to Beacon Hills Colette?" Hayley questioned irritably.

"Hayley, I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry about what I said!" I apologised sincerely. Emotions were releasing by the minute, sadness, guilt, regret.

"God Colette! We were kids, you leaving means nothing to me." Hayley began to walk towards me, shouting every word. I swallowed a lump that stuck in my throat, I couldn't face her. I looked down at my feet my breathing growing heavier by the second.

"I'm pissed because even though I reached out to you, when we were older, you still shut me out." Hayley whispered, her voice breaking towards the end. I couldn't describe to her how sorry I was, and so I stood there looking at her in silence. She took another look at me up and down, before storming off. Shoving me in the shoulders as she passed by.

"Yesterday didn't go so well, so I'm sticking it out alone today. Since I can't find you anywhere on school grounds." I left the third voicemail for Isaac today. A gut feeling churned within me, wondering whether or not the alpha pack had gotten to Isaac already. The starting bell interrupted my worrisome thoughts and I decided to just head to class. "Colette there you are." I turned facing Lydia Martin. Beside her was Allison, she gave me a small smile in which I returned. "What class do you have first up?"