Chapter 6 The Interest of the Spooks

Start from the beginning

"No, he was working with a different branch." Blake was puzzled. Based on how Cardin said it, it was obvious he wasn't working alone. So it had to be some kind of organization.

"But I didn't have anything to do with that, he made that decision on his own."

"So he was doing it out of his own volition?" Blake said gratefully.

"Yeah, he was warned that helping others would compromise him so he funded it out of his own paycheck." Cardin remarked, "I've never seen a man as selfless like him. Saved a lot of Faunus cus it was too dangerous to leave the White Fang."

"And if I find out anything else, I'll let you know." Blake said.

"Well you know you can count on that."

"Thanks for the info, Cardin."

"Oh, before you go can you pass the Lien to Velvet tomorrow?" Cardin handed Blake 100 Lien. "What's this for?" Blake asked.

"For her acting," Cardin said.

"Thanks for your help, I'm sure you'll find Tukson. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

Red Light District, Vale...

Yang and Neptune are seen riding through the seedier parts of Vale on Yang's motorcycle. Yang makes sure to avoid any run-ins with the police and the gags who typically roam here.

"C'mon, my friend's right in here," Yang said.

Once they were in, they were immediately surrounded by guns from the various men that ran the club.

"Uh... Define friend for me." Neptune said to Yang.

"Oh, Blondie... You're here... Why?" A man who is identified under the alias Junior steps in between his men."Who's this?" Junior asked."He's my muscle," Yang said, "Gonna help me beat up some guys who pissed me off."

"I see..." Junior replied.

"So... What's it gonna be?" Junior asked.

"Give me the strongest whiskey you have for me and my friend here." Yang said.

Junior poured them into a couple of glasses, one for himself and two for the underaged drinkers."I'm guessing you want information." Junior got straight to the point.

"Bingo! So tell me anything you know about Roman Torchwick."

"I don't know what to tell you he came and hired my men upfront and they never returned." Junior said, disgruntled.

"That's it!?" Yang screamed.

"And why should we believe you?" Neptune asked.

"Because I would do anything to screw him over for not returning my men." Junior calmly replied.

"And that would be anything?" Yang asked."Yes," Junior said, "But I'm telling you the truth."

"What about the men?"

"What about them?"

"Where did they go?"

"What's hard in understanding that they never returned!?" Junior replied sarcastically.

"Do you realize how many men you lost because of him!?"

"Who cares!? They were paid upfront and never returned, I had nothing to do with that!"

"Then tell me where they went!"

Before any of them could respond, a man sat right next to them. He's wearing a tuxedo with sunglasses like the rest of the men here. Only he seemed to radiate an aura of confidence and intimidation that Yang quickly noticed.

"Howdy! Junior." The mysterious man said.

"Oh, I didn't see you come in." Junior managed to keep his composure even though he was in the presence of what they came to be called "Spooks."

"Just came to check up on an old friend of mine," The man said.

"Thank you for asking, as you can see here, I'm entertaining these two on a matter that's best left unsaid." Junior replied.

"Alright, pardner, good luck to ya."The man walked out of the club, and when Yang turned to look at Junior, he sighed like he had a brush with death itself.

"That guy's name is...?"

"No."

"Well, how is he connected to all this?"

"You're gonna get me killed by asking questions about that man. I guarantee if you ask anymore they will come after your family." Junior said. "Let's get back to the topic of Roman Torchwick. No, I don't know what he used my men for, neither do I know where they went." Junior simply said.

"So you do know something."

"No. I don't. Now I suggest you leave."

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"Excuse me?"

"It's like he took something valuable."

"It's more of something that happened but that's as far as I'll go into."

"Alright, thanks, Junior." Yang bid Farewell.