2. The friend-mistry

"And you say we are not soulmates mia cara

"And you say we are not soulmates mia cara." Jimin checked you out from top to bottom and you did nothing but roll your eyes at him.
"Monsieur Jimin of course we are. It was a test of our fate played by the universe." in a thick Spanish accent you let out by taking a step forward and slowly placing your hand on his chest as if you were an actress scripted to carry out a romantic scene with your lover.

For a few seconds you both stayed in the position, trying to put up pretty smiles on your face but being best friends failed because within the next moment the both of you burst out laughing, your head bumping in his chest with laughter bubbling in your throat and his body shaking with laughter as he held your arms trying not to make his iconic laugh fall being dressed up in his trainee outfit.
"Gosh you are such a dramatic ass." you muttered still laughing with tears brimming at the edge of your eyes.
"You are more dramatic than me you little alien." he smacked your head with his little fist and finally heaved out a breath, getting out of his laughter zone. You stopped soon after, letting your chuckles slowly die down as Jimin continued to look at you with a soft gaze. You didn't notice it until you wiped your happy tears, looking at Jimin sideways.

"What?" you asked him and he just nodded with a smile.
"Yn you know that you look pretty with a smile right?" he questioned to which you sassily slipped your ponytail knowing that he is right indeed. He chuckled at your action, looking down and then looking up yet again he caressed your hair.

"Always keep smiling like that munchkin." he was looking like a starstruck lover but you mistook it as a friendly admirable gaze.
"I will as long as you are here Min." you replied placing a hand over his which was caressing your head, it seemed like you were taking an oath of your life, a pact to never break apart and that saddened Jimin a little as his smile wavered. 'I will if you let me Nari' and these words remained unspoken because it was now the time to come back to real world, with the coach's whistle calling everyone to line up.

You both broke apart and then you walked towards the rink, with Jimin following you close behind. Lining up in front of Mr. Edgar as he eyed everyone with a keen eyesight. When you stood as the third couple from the right and reached Jimin's height being side by side, the coach's eyes landed on you as your breath hitched for just a second before Jimin held your hand and lightly squeezed it, comforting you.

"Nari and Jimin today you both are the power couple of the academy and you two are to execute sit spin position and lay-back position today specifically carrying out the particular position for the lesson this week. Stand forth both of you." the coach voiced out making the both of you step out of the line with hands clasped at the back. The coach took slow steps towards the both of you as you both continued to look ahead, when he stood face to face, you both held your head high with eyes focused ahead.

"I expect you both you present a mind-blowing performance as always." Mr. Edgar have always been appreciative towards the both of you and him voicing it out gives a boost better than adrenaline and your vigorous nod always proves it better than any words.
"We will sir." Jimin speaks on your behalf smiling as well afterwards.
"Good take your positions."
That is what you did.