Ending Note

UPDATE (January 2024): While Turning Tides did not end up passing the first round of ONC, it was a great experience to learn from, and I'm grateful I managed to write something I'm proud of. What's most important is that I write for my own happiness; that's why I started writing, and that's why I'll continue to write.

---

I didn't think I'd ever participate in ONC, let alone actually finish my entry, yet here we are! Thanks again to the members of Astania for their encouragement, as well as everyone else in the Wattpad community for their support. For more ONC 2023 entries, check out the following stories from some members of Astania! In alphabetical order:

AXED by FunkyPotato9: "What is identity, if not a collection of someone's interactions and experiences? Will they be the same person if these are taken away? Is choice real, or is every outcome set in stone?"

Blight on Magic by Aptionia: "Salem, 1692: Witches are feared, and fear fuels the whispering winds detailing all the wicked deeds witches commit at dusk, under a twilight sky."

Dark Divide by Aptionia: "Draped in a cloak of blood and deemed a wicked monster, Evylyn is an immortal necromancer, feared enough to silence any mention of her name."

Half of What You See by AKTeri: an intense mystery thriller

Nobody Like You by AziaElga: "THE LOVE HYPOTHESIS meets DELILAH GREEN DOESN'T CARE; a STEM-oriented college sapphic romance about struggling adults navigating love despite their broken hearts."

Scales of Stardust by Aptionia: "A guardian of twilight, Cerai is a Luni Shifter-moon dragon shifters tasked with patrolling dreams and protecting the night's sky."

The War Of Crowns by MiriamElade: "Princess Leia had a plan to end the war between humans and faeries. Sneak into the Land of Faerie and kill the prince. It would have been a good plan, if it wasn't for the prince already expecting her."

Excerpts are mentioned with the permission of the respective writers. If you're listed above and want your story description added, changed, or removed, feel free to let me know!

---

Of course, no work is ever completely perfect, and I'm channeling my inner-Malia with my desire to constantly improve. If you have the time to answer any of the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it! If not, that's okay too, and I'm so thankful you've made it this far!

1. Who was your favorite character?

2. Who was your least favorite character?

3. Which character seemed to be the most well-written?

4. Which character had the weakest writing?

5. What scene was your favorite and/or most memorable?

6. Were there any parts where you started to lose interest?

7. Were there any parts that had you on the edge of your seat?

8. Were there any parts or aspects that were confusing?

9. Did you find the ending satisfying?

10. What unanswered questions about the plot do you still have?

11. Do you have any other comments on what could be improved?

Again, thank you so much for your time!

---

If you enjoyed this story, check out some of my others!

Ultima Ratio

Willing to risk her life, a seasoned soldier recruits a vengeful goddess to fight a war of the future.

WLW sci-fi novel with military action and an adventure around a futuristic world.

(Wattpad Editors' Choice in February 2023!)

Triple Point

Targeted by superpowered terrorists, an actress is protected by the government's strongest guardian—the same woman who broke her heart two years ago.

WLW sci-fi novel with superhuman action and government conspiracies.

Find others on my profile!

For a behind-the-scenes look at my stories, feel free to check out my Discord server! (Link in the inline comments.)

---

Thanks again for reading! Until next time!

- Lauren