She herself didn't know if she trusted him anymore. She only hoped that things would turn out fine if she just helped him figure out his way through his personal battle. She had a pretty good guess of who JJS was. She knew for a fact that Jungkook wasn't in an ideal mindset to be on this "secret mission." He was running on emotions and rage. Something he made sure Heiran never witnessed, bottling it all up inside him. He had hidden himself so well for the past two months, Heiran wasn't sure if she knew him anymore. She just hoped she would find him on time before he broke too much and desperately wished that it would fix everything going wrong in her life.

"Dohyeok's just a friend. Besides, Jungkook and I are still together."

"And where is your boyfriend?" Yoongi asked, turning back to the television. Heiran grabbed a flower vase and lifted it into the air.

"God knows where. He practically abandoned you," he continued. "So you're single now. You don't have to listen or care about his opinions anymore."

She slowly lowered her weapon, thinking over his advice. "You are kinda right."

Yoongi turned around with an expression that seemed to scream "B*tch, please" as he stated, "Sweetheart, I'm always right. Besides, I can't believe that I have to teach you all of these again. You were doing fine on your own. I've trained you so hard since childhood and that guy comes into the picture and turns you soft? Eww, I hate that guy. He's such a bad influence."

"You're one to talk. You turned soft too after you started dating Minseo."

Yoongi raised an index finger, signaling the end of the discussion. "Don't bring my girl into this."

She scoffed, slamming the flower vase back on the table. Arguing with Yoongi was pointless because the man had an insane talent to point out her worst misfalls to prove his stance. Being near him was a constant threat to her self-esteem.

With a sigh, she returned her attention to the task at hand. It was the most challenging part of her game plan, and she had absolutely no clue how she was going to handle it.

Procuring the pills from the pharmacy of NightShade and proving that it contains illegal substances was all it took for her to incriminate the clinic, but getting the said pills from Namjoon may not be as easy as it sounded. Heiran had absolutely no intention to reveal the truth to him. The man had been through so much misfortune. He didn't need to know that his wife may have lived if he had just switched to an actual hospital.

Hands trembling, she found his number in her contacts and pressed the call before she could change her mind.

As soon as the call was answered, Namjoon's cheery voice called out.

"Hello, prosecutor. What a surprise. Is the bathroom tap leaking again?"

Heiran pursed her lips, hesitating, "Hello, Namjoon-ssi. Actually, no. Nothing's wrong with the taps."

"Oh, is it not work-related?" Namjoon asked with a strain in his voice. The faint noises of metal thudding against concrete and pitter-patters of water dripping told her that he was in the middle of his work.

"Are you busy? I can call back at a later time if you're busy." Heiran offered, finding the prospect of putting off the talk greatly appealing.

"Sorry, prosecutor, my schedule is a bit packed nowadays. I'm not too busy right now. You can go ahead and tell me the matter." He replied. Heiran cursed her luck.

"I...had a favor to ask," she informed reluctantly.

"What is it? Go ahead."

"It might sound really strange and I'll understand. But it might also help me save many lives if I can prove there's foul play."