Dohyeok released a breath. "I'm glad it helped."

"It did, thank you very much, Dohyeok. You're awesome, know that." She thanked him truthfully as Yoongi announced from the sofa, "Oh, never mind, dumba$s. The guy's alive. You're not getting that case."

"You don't always have to thank me—"

"Shut up. I didn't want it anyway!" Heiran yelled back.

"Uh... You didn't?" Dohyeok asked confusedly.

"Oh, not you. I was just yelling at my dumba$s roommate. But I do want to thank you, Dohyeok. Let me take you out to dinner." Heiran pleaded. She felt too shameless to be asking for his help all the time and she still hadn't repaid him back the tremendous favor he had done last year. She owed him her life and dinner could barely scratch the surface of his favors. But it was all she could do at the moment.

Dohyeok cleared his throat self-importantly, "I'll have to think about that."

She rolled her eyes although he couldn't see it, "What's there to think about? I'm taking you out. End of discussion."

"You have to be careful how you phrase your sentences, Heiran. People might misunderstand," Dohyeok teased, and as if to prove his point, Yoongi turned around with a look of approval at her statement. "You're finally leaving that idiot and going on dates? I approve. I never liked that guy anyway."

"Shut up, Yoongi!"

Dohyeok chuckled, "See?"

"Don't mind him, Hyeok-ah. Yoongi is a nutcase. Anyway, text me when you're free. I'll treat you to the best five-star Michelin meal you'll ever have in your life." She promised, already counting the zeroes of her bank account, wondering if Michelin hotels offered installment payment plans.

"Sure, if you insist." He chimed with amusement, "But what's your game plan now? You can't prove that NightShade is involved with this drug without a bottle from their pharmacy."

There he goes worrying about her again. Heiran thanked the higher-ups for at least giving her sincere friends to make up for her trashy MIA boyfriend.

"Don't worry about it. I have a plan."

"Heiran?"

Dohyeok's voice turned to the reprimanding fatherly tone he took every time he suspected that Heiran was up to trouble.

"Yeah?" She asked innocently.

"You're not going to steal from them, are you?"

She couldn't lie. The thought had crossed her mind but...

"Nah. I've got other ways," she reassured, a small smile tugging at her lips.

Dohyeok released an exaggerated breath of relief, "Thank God. I won't have to bail you out of jail then."

She snorted, "No, you won't. If I ever go on heists, I'll make sure to invite you along. But thanks for the offer anyway."

"That's better. I can keep an eye on you that way. "

"Have some faith, Dohyeok." Heiran said with a chuckle, "Anyways, I will call you soon. Bye."

"Bye, Heiran. And don't steal!"

A laugh burst from her lips as the call ended. She hadn't realized Yoongi hadn't gone back to his annoying news report and was watching her reactions like a hawk with a self-satisfied smirk.

"That guy, Cha Dohyeok, was it? He's the real one. You gotta grab onto him, Heiran. You'll regret it if you let him go." He advised sagely.

Heiran didn't understand what it was with Yoongi and his tremendous disapproval of Jungkook. If she remembered it right, Yoongi had been the one who practically begged her to see how much Jungkook liked her. But then again, considering his recent behavior, Heiran couldn't blame the man much for distrusting Jungkook.