Chapter 2 Freedom and Mystery

I rewrote bits and pieces of this this chapter also to make it sound more cohesive, and make the sentences flow  better, and to and some more character in there words. So sorry for the inconvenience. :(
———————————————-———————————-

Chapter 2 Freedom and Mystery

/The dung defender POV:

............ROAR..............

I was violently woken up by a unknown sound. I quickly stand up in a defense stance half awake trying to get my bearings. It took me a minute to process my surroundings once I did I walked out of my sleeping quarters, wondering what caused that sound.

   Because this was not just a quiet sound that I could pass it as something breaking since the royal water ways were abandoned and slowly falling apart.

   But this sound wasn't little or from anything breaking it was loud, very loud when I heard the sound shake the room. What ever the sound was it came from something, and that seemed very big. I felt it as my duty as the last remaining member of the pale king great knights to protect the remaining people of hollownest.

   So I shall set out to find out where that sound originated from I thought. But as soon as I stepped out of my house I realized I didn't know where the sound originated from.

   Because the sound echoed throughout the water ways, so there was no way to pinpoint the source of the sound. I knew the water ways like the back of my hand so there was no way something that seemed to be that large could slip by me. So it most likely from the city of tears. I hope.

   So that is we're I shall start. So I began mu track to the city of tears. Then about half way though my journey to the city of tears I noticed the Flukemon we're no we're to be seen I was expecting to have to fight my way out, but there was no one there trying to attack me.

   Near the end of my track I noticed one of the Flukemon near the manhole. But it wasn't alive, it was dead, and dripping out of its eyes was a black liquid I couldn't exactly put my finger on what it was, and so I stopped and thought for a good long minute looking through my past trying to figure out what the unknown liquid was.

   Then I realized what it was and was hit with an unbearable amount of dread. This was the void. Why was void coming out of it's eyes, we were no where near the abyss and even if there we were near it, it was sealed off so how was void coming out of it? Did this have to do with this unknown creature that made the sound that woke me up?

   If so this thing is more dangerous than I previously thought it to be. I needed to find out we're this thing is and fast. So I ran the rest of the way to the exit and climbed out and into the city of tears, I realized almost as soon as I walked out of the water ways I realized I hadn't left the water ways in very long time.

   So I just stood there for a moment just taking in the view I saw though the door of the building that led to the outside. I saw corpse of the originally infected lettering the streets with now hollow and empty, with the void coming out of their eyes. How many people were affected by this? Was this a new type of infection? Was this even a new type of infection?

   Did the Radiance have any thing to do with this? I really need to find out what this thing is more than ever now. I decided I needed to go up higher to get a better view and maybe find a clue or something, or just anything to be totally honest.

   After going up one floor, I sees a sign but before I could read what the sign said I begin to hear a humming sound in the distance. Who ever was making that sound had to be near by and possibly give him some clues on what is happening. Or maybe this could be the unknown creature I was looking for.

   It took me a second to get my bearings, because I haven't been out of the Royal water ways in such a long time. So when I finally got to the source of the humming he saw two people in front of me. One of them had gray and blue skin. They also seemed to be male, and were sitting on the ground looking on a ground looking at a map he was in his hands, he also wore small glasses on his face, and speaking of face he had a long pointed nose hanging down his face, they also seemed to be on the heftier side of things, and seemed to be the source of the humming. Then there was another person with him they also had the same gray and dark blue skin. But this one was definitely female due to their feminine feature. They also had the same long nose but it wasn't as long as the other person's but still quite long. A another thing I noticed about them is that they had a nail sheathed on their side. They were sitting on a bench near the first person, and they seemed to be resting.

   Before I could get their attention the one looking at the map noticed me and turned his attention to me and said "oh another adventure taking in the sights of the beautiful City of tears mmmm!" When he said that it got the attention of the one sitting on the bench who which then turned their head to look at me.

   When I tried to respond to what they said he released that besides the Knight that came bye a few times he hadn't really spoken to anyone in a long time. It also didn't help that the Knight didn't speak.  So when I spoke it was a mess "uhh uhhh no... not really."

   "Oh is that so. So why are you here then?" He said looking at me with a puzzled look. "Well you see I am investigating the disappearance of the infection and what seems to be a massive unknown being, that seems to have gone through this area."

   "Oh are you talking about the thing that was slamming into everything that was in its path, like as it was going up and out of the City of Tears?" He said looking at me. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. So do you know we're it went?" I said looking at him with excitement. "Like a said it was going up and out of the City of Tears."

"Thank you for the information Sir." But before I could leave the woman sitting on the bench looked at me and said "Hey my I ask why are you looking for that thing?" "Oh uhh you see here I have sworn to protect the people of Hollow nest" she then squinted her eyes at me and said "mmmmh mmmm." Then one the ground asked "so you're going up and out of the Pale City?" Still looking at his map.

   "Well uh yeah." When I said that he stood up putting his map away "then I hope you can find that thing you're looking for, and I helped a little bit. Now come on Iselda." Then the both turned and left the room.

   I was kinda happy because I got some information if we're it was going but I was hoping I would have learned of what it was or maybe just wanted it looked like. But I knew I couldn't complain. So up I shall go.

..........................................................................

/Hornets POV:

   The moment the now freed Hollow Knight took their battle stance they fell to the ground out cold. I stood there for a moment expecting them to to get up and attack me. But that never happened they just laid their out cold barley breathing. I slowly got out of my battle stance and slowly began to move towards them. When I got up I truly got to see the extant of their wounds. One of there arms was gone the shell was cracked and shattered on almost every part of its body including a massive crack on his face.

   They were in critical condition they needed medical help now. I have to get them into one of the hot springs immediately.

   I tried to pick them up but they were just too heavy "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TIMES MY SIZE." I spat out loud. I resorted to tying my silk around them and dragging them. Which still took tremendous effort to do. I soon this was going to be a long track to the hot springs.

   By the time we got to the hot springs I knew I needed to get into there to. Do to my body aching everywhere from dragging the unconscious Hollow Knight here. I used the last bit of my strength to drag them in the water and to prop them up. Then I slumped down into the water to let my body rest. I felt drained an begin to drift in and out of sleep. I soon gave into the temptation of sleeping and closed my eyes falling asleep.