18| Jealous Study Dates

A shiver ran down Y/n's back the moment they made their way inside the warm building that contained the dormitories. They quickly closed Liu's umbrella, putting the handle of the small black bag filled with food around their arm.

Not looking where they were going, Y/n was met with a collision, a thudding noise created as their back side made contact with the hardwood floor.

"Oh shoot, I'm so sorry!" A feminine voice, presumably the one of the person Y/n had collided with, spoke. Y/n looked up to be met with a blonde haired girl, brown eyes worriedly looking down at them. A hand was extended out to them, and Y/n took the help to get up.

"It's ok, I should've been looking where I was going." They mumbled, picking up the umbrella and food from the floor before dusting themselves off. When the girl didn't respond, Y/n looked up to see if she had left or not.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" She asked, head tilted slightly as if she were inspecting the person in front of them to find any clues as to who they were. Y/n gave the same, if not more dramatic, stare back. Never had they met this woman. At least, they didn't think so.

"Do you? What's your major?" They asked, trying to find anything the two had in common. Y/n snorted at the girl's response. Two drastically different majors, and none of the same classes. Perhaps they were mistaking them for someone else who looked similar-

"Oh! You're dating Liu, aren't you?"

Y/n widened their eyes at the statement, rendering speechless for a moment as only two questions ran through their mind. Who was this girl, and how the actual fuck did she know Liu?

It wasn't like Liu toured around campus, usually only staying in Y/n's dorm. Unless he actually was, and just wasn't telling them. But why would he be doing that? Y/n wouldn't have discouraged him from doing so, hell, they'd even attempt to give him a tour around the place.

A sour look made its way onto their face, eyebrows furrowed in confusion and, what it seemed to be, slight irritation. The other girl seemed to take notice of it, raising her hands up in defense.

"Oh, it's not what you think it is!" She exclaimed, the worried and pitiful expression on her face was almost laughable to Y/n. "We met when you two were arguing out in the hallway, and I just happened to be there.     We talked a bit after."

Y/n scoffed at her. That was almost two weeks ago, how did she manage to remember Liu for so long?

"My name's Adley." She put her hand out for Y/n to shake, to which they did, not wanting to appear rude.

"Y/n." It was clear Y/n had started to become more defensive and intimidating, though they weren't sure why. Liu was his own person, he could do whatever he wanted. So why were they so insistent on finding out the bottom of Adley and Liu's relation with each other?

"I have to get going." They spoke up once more, looking down at the bag of food that they were craving to eat. The sun had started to set, and Y/n had yet to get a bite of food in their body.

Not allowing Adley say anything else, the student walked away, a deep sigh rolling out of their mouth along with a roll of their eyes. Though, not even a second later, Y/n realized that was rude, as Adley hadn't done anything wrong. They had no clue what was up with them today. Maybe they were just hungry.

'Yeah, that's probably it.'

Quickly unlocking the door, Y/n announced that they were back, kicking off their shoes and sitting down on their soft, plush bed that they had missed ever so dearly. Verita was sitting at her desk, typing furiously at her computer with a distressed look on her face.