7| Loving and Fighting

WARNING: There will be drinking and smoking in this chapter, if you don't find this comfortable, this isn't the book for you!!

"Y/n, you came!"

Aelina got up from her seat to hug Y/n, who returned the hug.

"Hey!" They said back, breaking away from the hug. They tugged on Liu's arm, forcing him to pay attention.

"This is Liu, babe, this is Aelina." Y/n introduced the two to each other. Aelina looked up and down at Liu, somewhat analyzing him.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you!" She said with a warm smile on their face. Liu put on a smile too, letting go of Y/n's hand to shake the girls. Aelina shook his hand, and then invited the two to sit with the others.

"Guys, Y/n and their boyfriend are here!" She said, giving Y/n a drink as the two sat down.

"Happy birthday Braylon! How does it feel being an old man?" Y/n joked, handing him the present. Braylon scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Ha ha, very funny." They all fell silent for a second, staring at Liu.

"So, this is your boyfriend Y/n?" Ralitsa asked. They were dressed in black cargo pants and a floral crop top.

"Oh right. Uhm this is Liu. Liu this is Braylon and Ralitsa. You already met Verita and Aelina." Y/n said, a fake smile on their face.

"Hey, it's a pleasure to meet you." He said, quickly grabbing Y/n's hand so he wouldn't have to shake someone else's hand. The gesture definitely took Y/n by surprise, though they pretended it was natural.

"So Liu, What school do you go to?" Ralitsa asked,looking at the menu. The reason why the friend group loved this particular bar so much is that it also served food.

Y/n looked to Liu, wondering how exactly he was going to answer the question.

"Oh, I'm not in school right now. I'm trying to raise money first and take care of my family, but you know, maybe soon." He lied, grabbing a menu and looking at the options. He held it in a way so Y/n could see too, who peered over his shoulder, careful not to lean their head against him. They wanted as little as possible physical interaction tonight.

"Oh that's sweet, I wanted to do the same but my parents insisted I go to college. I'm visiting them after finals for the holidays." Liu hummed, pretending to care. He dipped his head down to whisper in Y/n's ear.

"Hey so when I kill you, will I also get to kill your friends' families?" He asked, his voice super hushed. Y/n widened their eyes and kicked his leg, causing him to laugh.

"Ew you guys stop flirting. We get it, you're perfect for each other." Ralitsa whined, only half joking. Y/n laughed it off, eyeing Liu dangerously. If they could speak, they'd probably say 'shut the fuck up and behave.'

"Hello my name is Chris, can I get y'all started with any drinks?" The waiter came up to the table, taking out his notepad to write their orders down.

Y/n wasn't going to get a drink because, well, they wanted to make sure Liu didn't say something dumb or blow their cover.

"Y/n?" Verita said, snapping Y/n out of their thoughts.

"Oh, water will be fine-"

"What? You came here to just drink water?" Braylon said, rolling his eyes.

"Well I need to stay sober to drive-"

"Oh nonsense Y/n, one drink won't hurt!" Liu said, wrapping a hand around his shoulders.

"They'll have a (___) margarita, and make that two!" Said Liu, ordering for them both. Y/n gritted their teeth, trying to mask their annoyance.

"Thank you, babe, because I needed that so much."

ROOM 240 | H.LIUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें