11| It gets worse

"Y/n, come here."

The small child quickly walked towards the room where their dad was sitting. The walls were painted a crisp white, only decorated with a bulletin board on one of them. In the middle of the room stood a black marble desk, papers scattered on top of it.

Behind the desk is where their father sat.

"Yes father?" They stood at the other side of the desk, nervously wondering what their dad might have wanted.

Y/n's dad was never one for small talk. Not once with Y/n, their mother, nor their siblings. From a young age the dad dug himself into his office, only focusing on building his business. And yes, while it did make them unbelievably wealthy and have a very popular reputation, it tore the family apart.

"Come here." He motioned for Y/n to stand next to him, not once looking up from the computer screen. They followed his command with hesitation.

The silence felt like it was dragging on forever, like the build up before the drop of a massive roller coaster . Why was (____) acting as if he had all the time in the world to tell Y/n what he wanted to say?

After what felt like an eternity, he finally looked at them, a small sigh escaping his lips.

"Do you know why I spend so many hours in this office?" He asked, spinning the pen in his hands. HIs hair was gelled back, only a single (___) lock falling short of his eyes,instead resting on his forehead. He was in his late 20's, opening his business just five years ago. Just a couple months after Y/n was born.

Y/n wanted to say yes. That they knew why they neglected them for so long. Because he cared more about his work than his own children. But they didn't, instead having kept their silence and shaking their head no. Their father chuckled slightly, leaning back in his chair.

"My child, this, all of this, will someday be yours. I've built a legacy with this business, and someday it'll be left in your hands. Soon, you'll have everything you ever wanted." He said, making gestures with his hands that would help the little child understand what he was saying.

Y/n looked down at the dark oak floor sheepishly, trying to avoid eye contact with their father.

"Ah, of course you don't understand yet, you're still too young. We'll try again in a couple of months. Of course, I need an intelligent child to inherit my business." He said, more to himself than to Y/n. But it wasn't that they didn't understand. No, they understood perfectly well.

But what did he know about what Y/n wanted?

Y/n looked up at Liu, who was very clearly threatening them. It seemed like the other customers had left the cafe, considering that the place was nearly empty. No one was there to witness what Liu could do to them.

"What's wrong?" He asked, feigning worry and sympathy. The killer was clearly amused with Y/n's lack of response. The student only sighed in annoyance, rolling their eyes at Liu.

"I'm so fucking tired of your bullshit." They huffed, crossing their arms. Liu furrowed his eyebrows, both in confusion and frustration.

"The fuck do you mean by that?" He asked, his tone clearly showing that he was pissed at the other. Y/n stood up to get at eye level with Liu, slamming their hands onto the table as well.

"You always do this shit. Threaten me so you get under my skin and you have some form of power over me." Y/n sneered. They were irritated with Liu and his dumb shenanigans.

Liu's face twisted into a large smile, a light, yet noticeable, laugh accidentally leaving his lips.

"What the fuck is so funny?" Y/n asked, fury only bubbling even more in them. It was unfortunate that they couldn't see the expression that Liu found so hilarious. From the furrowed eyebrows to the small pout on their face that so clearly showed their anger, it was so incredibly... hilarious.