3| Furniture Store Warfare

"Is there really any reason I have to be here? I could've just left-"

"No. I'm forcing you to be here because you're a prick."

"Can we at least get food-"

Liu quickly shut up when Y/n chucked a pillow at him, signaling him to be quiet. He grabbed the pillow, rolling his eyes.

"I brought you because I don't trust that you aren't going to start killing other people in the school. People in this school are smart, and if Verita realizes that someone is killed and the only outsider that has been there recently is you, she's going to find out." Liu scoffed, putting the pillow back and walking behind Y/n. They were at a home furniture store, shopping for things Y/n could put in their dorm.

"Ok but couldn't we just go to the movies? I really don't like looking at you." He insulted, stuffing his hands into his pockets. To that Y/n smiled, stopping to look at the potted plants displayed.

"So do I, but there's nothing I love more than getting on your nerves." They cooed, picking their favorite looking plant and putting it in the basket.

"You have shitty taste." He mumbled, looking at the other plants. He picked up a cactus, admiring it for some time before putting it back down. Y/n stared at him deeply, not saying anything for some time. Liu quirked his brow at Y/n, wondering why they were staring.

"Geez, I know I'm pretty but I didn't think it would leave you completely speechless." He said, sarcasm lacing his tongue.

"You're acting different from last night." Y/n said abruptly, causing Liu to double take. Y/n started to walk off, going to the next destination of the building.

"What?" He asked, walking up besides Y/n to try and get an explanation as to what they had meant.

"Like yesterday, you were way meaner. You called me a shit ton of names, you were mad at me not being scared shitless, then today you were more laid back, like you just wanted to get it over with. Not to mention, last night, your voice was a lot deeper." Liu's eyes widened. How the hell did they manage to differentiate between him and his alter so quickly.

"I mean, if it weren't for the fact that you knew about what happened last night, I would've probably thought you were a completely different person."

Liu's heart beat slightly faster in anticipation. He really didn't want to introduce that part of him to Y/n just yet.

"But hey, who knows? Maybe I was just tired and that's why it felt different." They said, shrugging their shoulders.

"Yeah... you're probably just being stupid." He said, concluding any suspicion the student had for now. Y/n grabbed two different pencil cups, holding them up for Liu to look at.

"Should I get this plain black pencil cup or this (___) rectangular one?" They asked, looking at the two.

"Does this really matter?" He asked, squinting his eyes at Y/n.

"Yes, it very much does! If I get this plain one people are going to think 'oh look at them, they're efficient and like to get their work done without dwelling." They lowered the hand that held the black pencil cup then raised the hand with the other pencil holder.

"This one though tells people that I like to go all out on my work and put in all my effort and care about my work." Liu listened, slightly in disbelief that someone could read into something so much.

"Nice scars, but I think you missed your arm!" A man who was walking by yelled, obviously directing it at Liu. As he left, the two could hear him laugh to himself, as if he made the joke of the century.

Liu didn't say anything back, only rolling his eyes. He was used to comments like these, and usually tried to pay no mind to it. The jokes were often unoriginal and only drew unnecessary attention to himself. Y/n, however, was clearly not okay with what the man said and it showed on their face.