6| Thrift Store Adventures

"Really? We had to go here?"

"Oh, screw you. You're acting as if it's my fault you decided to come into my life. It's not like I was holding a savings account for you or some shit." Y/n said, exiting the car. They were parked in front of a thrift store. Because as much as the student loved shopping, they weren't going to spend their hard-earned money on Liu, who didn't even want to be there.

"Broke bitch." He mumbled as he went into the store, causing Y/n to flip him off while he had his back turned. The two walked to one of the racks of clothing once they got in.

"There must be so many germs in this place..." The killer complained, touching the surgical mask on his face to make sure it stuck on well. Y/n quirked a brow, smiling slightly.

"I didn't know you were a germaphobe." They said, surfing through a bunch of shirts. Although they were here for Liu, they couldn't help but look for clothes for themselves.

"Yeah well, when you see the shit that happens once a body completely renders as dead, being healthy is kind of a compulsive want." He explained, grabbing a collared shirt and giving it to Y/n to hold. They took it subconsciously, not realizing what he did until it was too late to give it back or argue.

"Well, you could always get over it by just, I don't know, stop killing people?"

"Don't get too ahead of yourself, Y/n."

The two started to walk to a different area of the store.

"So, tell me about yourself," Liu spoke out of the blue, catching Y/n by surprise.

"You want to know about...me?"

"Yeah, in case your friends ask." He deadpanned, making Y/n feel stupid. Why else would he want to know about them? To get to know them?

'Of course not, he's a serial killer who couldn't give two shits about me'

"Hello? Y/n?" Liu said, looking at Y/n spacing out. They blinked back into reality, looking at Liu.

"Oh, right. Well, my name is Y/n L/n and I'm from (____). I major in (____), and I'm 19 years old. I like..." Y/n continued to talk about their interests as Liu kept shopping, quietly listening. Some things took him by surprise.

"Oh, I love decorating! Like I could spend hours decorating a room with zero budget. That would be so much fun." They said, going quiet before they started rambling on. The corners of Liu's mouth curved upwards into a smirk.

"Interior designing?" Y/n thought for a second.

"Yeah. I especially love interior designing your mom." They joked, letting out a laugh. Liu stared at them, trying not to smile.

"Your jokes are shit." He said, picking something up to only put it back down.

"Whatever, that's pretty much everything about me-"

"What about your family?" He asked, cutting them off. Y/n furrowed their eyebrows in confusion.

"Why the fuck do you need to know about my family?" Liu shrugged his shoulders, picking up a pair of shoes.

"Is that not what people get asked about? Geez, no need to get defensive-"

"They're not going to ask about my family." Liu looked to Y/n, going to say something back, though holding back when seeing their dead serious face. He decided to drop the topic, and instead start another.

"Liu Woods. I'm Hispanic, and I like... killing people." He said, obviously attempting to make a terrible joke. Y/n scoffed and smiled slightly, their mood lightening.