There is nothing worse than feeling guilty over something he had absolutely no reason to feel guilty about because it wasn't actually his fault, but he felt like it was which doesn't make sense but for him it does.

Hyunjin hated how silent the older went after telling him how bad Felix' condition was. As much as he wanted to lie to him and tell him felix was okay, he couldn't because at the end of the day minho would know either from him or any other nurse, so he had to tell him the truth at least to lift some weight from his shoulders.

“say something” hyunjin whispered.

“like what exactly” minho dryly chuckled feeling a stray tear escape from his left eye as he tilted his head to the side to look at hyunjin “i have nothing to say but that i failed him” he said making jisung tighten his grip on his hand “you did your best don't blame yourself” hyunjin calmly said feeling his own eyes sting from the unshed salty water droplets gathering in his eyes. “i was too late” he said in a whisper not wanting to show how broken his voice was.

“but he's safe now” hyunjin assured, not denying the fact that they were both late.

“hyunjin” minho called getting a hum from the younger “can you promise me something?”

“yes?” hyunjin said more as a question
“can you take care of him?” minho finally broke down “i will, but don't say it like you're going to die soon” hyunjin jokingly said trying to lighten up the mood hating to see the other male cry, even if it was a bad joke, both let out a chuckle.

“i have to go check up on him, i can't leave him alone” hyunjin said before standing up “tell him that I'll see him soon” minho said and got a small nod from hyunjin before he left glaring at jisung for the last time as he closed the door.

。。。。。。。。

2:14 am.

Felix was moving around in his bed, his body sticky from the amount of sweat his body was producing, he was mumbling words that were incoherent, and suddenly he jolted up.

He couldn't breath properly no matter how many times he tried to slowly take a breathe in and out, he was feeling hot and nauseous, the lack of oxygen was making him lightheaded, his ears were ringing as if someone was shaking a bell right next to his ears.

He wanted to scream, but he felt like someone was holding a balm against his mouth all he could do was let out a shaky cry for help. He could see hyunjin laying asleep on the chair next to his bed, but he couldn't get him to wake up.

He cried and cried till he felt two strong arms wrap around him in a comforting and soothing manner, that is when he noticed how shaky his body was. He held hyunjin's arms as if his life depended on it which to him, it did.

“you're safe” hyunjin mumbled trying to get him to relax “i thought i was back there again” felix sobbed even harder “shhh it's just a nightmare nothing was real. You're safe here” hyunjin tightened his grip around the younger “it felt so real. Everything felt real like i was being tied up in that fucking chair again feeling the electricity run through my body and no matter how loud i screamed they never stopped just like how they did in reality” felix spoke about one of the traumatic events he lived for the first time Infront of hyunjin with tears streaming down his face. “lix” hyunjin whispered his voice cracked as he kissed the younger on his temple “i don't wanna live that again please i swear i'll be good just don't make me go through it again” felix begged as he looked at the older straight in the eyes.