His eyes are focused on you though, and he's blinking a lot.

You smile at him "Hey Hunter~"

His emotionless face goes a little red. That's when you laugh. He's still in there, he just can't react very well. It's like he's physically gone, but at least not mentally.

You smile and squeeze his hand tighter, but you stop because immediately there's blood on both your hands, and you immediately jump backward.

Your touch is still affecting him, in a bad way.

"Lilith!" You say.

"Oh my-" she says noticing Hunters hands, looking all burnt.

"Let me get the fire wings!" She yells running to the kitchen.

Immediately she comes back with them and placed them on Hunters hands, healing the burns you gave him.

"Okay! So um..." Lilith says.

"The curse is definitely still there, I think all this is doing is numbing his reaction to it." Lilith says.

"Clearly!" You say.

"Shoot- this won't work." Lilith says, biting her finger nails.

"I'm sorry Hunter." You whisper.

"I'm going to need to do some more thinking." Lilith says walking downstairs.

You sigh and sit there staring at Hunter.

"You can hear me right?" You say.

Hunter blinks.

"Blink twice if you can hear me." You say crouching closer to him.

He does just that.

"Yes!" You say.

"Hunter did you feel any pain when I held your hands?" You asked.

"3 for no, 2 for yes."

He blinks 3 times.

"Oh good..." You say.

"I'm.. im sorry this happened to you, i should have been more careful." You say.

"I'm sorry." You say softly.

*hic* he hiccups

A tear drips from his eye, and his expression softened, not as numb as he was before. he closes his mouth.

"Hunter I'm sorry." You frown seeing him cry.

"I-I love you Hunter." You say softly.

He squeezed his eyes shut, wincing a little.

"Sorry.." You say a little.

He holds his hand up and waves it like he's saying no.

He's moving a little now. Is this good or bad?

He leans forward closer to you, making an odd face like he's all sore or something.

What he does surprises you. He doesn't care, he grabs you and leans you close to him.

"Hunter!" You say surprised.

He shakes his head no. Still squeezing his eyes shut, still grabbing you and pulling you to him.

He pulls you into an embrace. You don't know what to do, should you back off? Should you let him hug you?

You're frozen. You can hear him breathing fastly, like he's in pain, and wincing in pain a little as well.

"Hunter- stop!" You say.

He shakes his head no, eyes all scrunched and sad, still wincing in pain. Then grabs you by the chin and he pulls you forward to him.