Chapter 97: Reviving the Guardians

Start from the beginning

Sora: Riku!

Sora then ran up towards the platform, but then a creature appeared from a dark portal above Riku.

It was a large black creature with the shape of a roughly humanoid torso. It wears a black robe which fades into white tendrils at its base, and has draping sleeves that end in pink points. Its tall, pointed headdress covers its head and long neck with a criss-crossing design ending in a flair at the shoulders that resembles white hair or feathers. Its glowing yellow eyes peer through a skull-shaped mask. A heart-shaped hole cuts through its chest, bordered by a bright pink design on its robe. Three chains dangle from under its robe, ending in pink spikes that hang at alternate heights. It bears a grey staff with a black headpiece, which also features a heart-shaped hole through it.

 It bears a grey staff with a black headpiece, which also features a heart-shaped hole through it

The creature held out its arm over Riku's chest. A pink crystallized heart came out of Riku's chest and was wrapped around in chains when it came close to the creature's hand. 

The heart then disappeared and Sora Gasped. The creature noticed Sora and Ultear and flew towards the archway leading to the next area and disappeared.

Sora: Come on!

The two of them ran towards the archway to find the creature.

Ultear: What was that thing?

Sora: I have no idea. But I think it's in charge of this area.

Once they entered the archway, Shadows appeared and Sora summoned his Keyblade.

Ultear: Flash Forward!

Before Sora could attack, multiple blue balls came crashing down onto the Shadows, destroying them all.

Ultear: You alright?

Sora then faced Ultear, who was carrying one of the blue balls in her arm. Sora nodded.

Sora: Was that your magic?

Ultear: Yes. This orb is also part of my magic.

More Shadows appeared in front of them.

Sora: Damn!

Jiminy: Forget the small fry! We gotta go after the one in charge.

Sora and Ultear: Right!

The two of them ran past the Heartlesses. As they continued, more Heartlesses continued to appear, but they ignored them. Eventually, they came up to an open area and saw a dark corridor in front of them.

Ultear: Ready?

Sora nodded and they both entered the corridor.

After passing through the corridor, Sora and Ultear arrived at the peak of Olympus, the Apex, where the creature was waiting in front of the gate.

The creature attacked them with a Blizzaga attack, but it immediately disappeared.

Sora: What the-?

Ultear: That's just my magic. Attack!