ANNIVERSARY GIFT!!!

(A/N
Ok look I know I'm late but I wanted to do something
So!! I decided to rewrite the first chapter!! I know this isn't as good as an actual new chapter and advancement of the story but I knew this was way way more achievable than that so yeah :]]
You don't need to read this cause it's basically just everything that happened in the first chapter but the writing is better(I hope) and I actually know what I'm doing now!!
Ok I hope you enjoy guys!!! Thank you for two years of this!!!!)

               ~Chapter One~
            🌺A New Patient🌺

Half an hour ago Wilbur Soot, scientist and researcher at the Institute of the Strange, Supernatural and Ultraterrestrial(or ISSU), had been getting ready for a much wanted rest to prepare for his tiring job scheduled for the next day, when he had gotten a surprising email from none other than his boss's secretary, Mr NotFound. It told him, in short, that he would be needed at this workplace asap to help deal with their newest specimen, J273, which had been more of a hassle than expected during capture and therefore required a more suitable team to do first check-in's.

Wilbur definitely wasn't expecting to be asked to come into work early because of J273. The ISSU had been keeping tabs on him in the wild for some time. He didn't seem too threatening during distant examination so not many men from the capture team were sent out to take him in. From the little detail in the rushed email, it was safe to assume that J273 had taken out over half of the task force in under 5 minutes, making quick work of the rest and almost getting away before reinforcements showed up.

Wilbur wasted less time than usual wallowing in the pity of early work, excited to see if this specimen was something that truly posed a threat.

So here he was, hair matted and untidy. Lab coat and satchel hanging off his shoulders lazily as he sped down the white hallways, boots making shrill squeaks and squeals as they whipped over tiled floor. He finally got to where J273 was being held in the first hall, where they usually keep their new patients. The brunette grabbed the ID card attached to his pin-covered lanyard and pressed it against the card reader hard enough that, if he weren't so hyped up on adrenaline, Wilbur would have been worried it might snap. Once the reader beeped acceptingly and flashed a small green light, the large metal doors in front of Wilbur slid open. Inside was the observation deck that every room had, this was a simple new patient cell so there wasn't much going on inside.

The typical large window that covered the entire left wall, made to over look
specimen  activity was currently blacked out, something that was installed a few years ago to give patients some privacy. Connected to the window was a control panel that stretched along the length of the wall and then some, screens and keyboards and buttons and switches and clipboards and pin boards and drawers covered it up nicely, leaving no space devoid of use. In the center of the room was a large, round table with a few roller chairs dotted near it, two closer to the control panel than the actual table. Then in the back right corner of the room was a metal door, smaller than the one used to gain access to the observation deck. It was used to enter the main cell, where the specimen were kept, this door required an ID card scan and a login code on the control panel as to make sure no one could get in who wasn't meant to be there. The right wall of the room hadn't much use except a desk that had a bunch of drawers on it that covered a small corner, a pin board, larger than the desk itself, was positioned above it, it didn't hold as many notes and reports as the official specimen cells did.

Three people sat around the table in the middle, two men slouched over in their chairs both reading the same sheets of paper that seemingly used to be inside a file before being thrown all around the table. The final person, a woman, stood with a roller chair pushed just behind her suggesting she had originally been sitting in it. She had her palms face down on the table as she overlooked the mess on it. All seemed lost in focus until the large metal doors made a thump, signifying they had shut once again. The woman's head shot up, her half-blonde-half-brown hair was slowly slipping out of the twin ponytails she had it in.