Chapter 12🌼A Warm Welcome🌼

A/N
Art is by the amazing IAMSHRUBBY check them out they're an amazing writer and artist :))
Also Ponk is in this chapter and I just found out that they use all pronouns so imma use all pronouns for him

~4:15am~
Karl yawned as he walked through the pristine white halls of his workplace. His light steps barely making a sound when they continuously tapped against the floors as he sped up to a jog on his way to the elevator at the very end of the building. Once inside the lift, he took his phone out from the pocket on his waistcoat. Another message was there and it was from the same person who had contacted him earlier.

  I'm gonna need you to put it
  under strict surveillance,
  we've never seen anything like
  this
  -Boss:)

Karl was still confused as to why he was called in so early. Once he'd arrived behind his desk, his boss sent him footage. It was of J273's current room. All lights were off, it was clearly nighttime and  the specimen was laying asleep on the ground behind a bush. The hybrid seemed to be cuddling into a large thick coat. But the strangest thing seemed to be the entities that circled the sleeping figure, they looked an awful lot like clouds.

Then, another video was sent to the brunette, one with light, he could now see everything clearly. The subject was indeed snuggling into an uninhabited coat, a brown trenchcoat to be exact. And the things flying around J273 were indeed clouds. "W-wait what?" Karl mumbled, his half-asleep mind shocked. He was not aware that clouds could get inside.

~4:40am~

Karl sat inside his boss' office, spinning around on a roll-y chair and re-painting his nails with the nail polish his boss kept for nights like these. The owner sat continuously watching the footage, over and over and over. The taller turned to Karl, "look, the exact moment right here. Karl buddy you gotta look". The shorter watched, the video showed a worker sitting with an arm around the specimen. The employee was Wilbur Soot, he worked in the hybrid department, the brit got up, clearly being deep in thought as the hybrid cling onto his escaping body.

The tall employee removed his non work trenchcoat from over himself, placing it in J273's arms and partially around the creatures body. As soon as the brit was seemingly out of the observation bay, small puffs of fluffy white mist began to form around the cuddly boi. These developed into large clouds, that circled him, all having a tint of either baby blue or pastel yellow. It looked magical, almost fake, like a cartoon pulled into reality, and Karl was mesmerised, suddenly seeing why his boss had been continuously rewatching it.

Dream could practically see the sparkles in his secretary's eyes. Breaking him out of the trance, the taller's Floridian accent broke the astonished silence that seemed to easily replace but somehow also mix with the frozen and hushed atmosphere that previously hung in the air. "Move it to block F, put it under strict surveillance and...change Wilbur's shift plans, I want him to be able to spend as much time with this subject as possible, make sure he's discreet about it to, we don't need him knowing what we know" the masked man said. Karl quickly got up and went back to his desk, contacting the necessary people to get the orders through correctly. Dream sneered from beneath his plain white mask.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~9:45am~

Wilbur's alarm sounded directly in his ear, he'd fallen asleep on his phone again, researching more and more flowers. Luckily his phone was not yet dead and he saw the email he'd received from his workplace.