~Chapter 9~🐥It's basically just Quackity eating a pop tart-🐥

Quackity parked his car in his usual spot, right next to the entrance so he only had to take about 10 steps to get to the large door. Once inside he handed his identification to the buildings secretary, Hannah.

"Wow, your in early" she said, the deep red roses on her desk bloomed further, she was very surprised that the one who was always late had come in 3 hours before his shift even started "you in to see the new patient? Apparently he's got some flower stuff to!" She exclaimed as a throned stem grew around the pencil she was holding, a rose bloomed at the end of it. "Yeah I saw him yesterday and I read the messages on the groupchat, seems pretty cool" the male said as he took back his ID and made his way down the halls. "Cya at lunch Hannah!" He called as he waved, not looking back to see if she was also waving.

Quackity found J273's room and entered the observation bay. He stared into the flower filled box and waited. The hybrid began to become restless, he could feel his wings twitching on his back, that wasn't good. No one knew he was a hybrid except the others. The others being Phil, Eret, Charlie, Hbomb and Hannah. They were all hybrids, hiding from the facility. They'd all almost been caught whilst escaping, having to take on the persona of a new employee that was lost.

Somehow, they all nailed their interviews.

Quackity got up and made his way to the break room. He poured himself a cup of coffee in the best mug they had. A mug that read "worlds classiest bitch"

(My pal @_Sad_shipper_27 will get that reference-)

He grabbed a pop tart from the pop tart cupboard they have. There was 27 boxes in total. They would all be gone in 5 days...

He put the treat in the toaster and pushed the lever down. The hybrid plugged in his earphones and placed both buds into his ears. Hitting shuffle on his "work is fucking boring but music=☺️" playlist. The voice of Bo Burnham rang through his ears as he set his phone down and waited for the pop of the toaster.

He walked back to J273's room after he'd eaten his pop tart, toasted another one and placed it in his mouth. With half a pop tart hanging out of his mouth and "heatwaves" blaring in his ears, he entered the specimens observation bay. It had been almost 20 minutes since he'd left, so he couldn't have missed much. After the doors fully closed behind him, he walked to the big window that looked over patients. Once he saw what was inside, he stopped in his tracks. He quickly paused the loud singing that made its way out his earbuds. His pop tart fell to the ground and broke in half.

He pressed the speaker button down "Wilbur?" His voice shook.

The two people in the room stopped suddenly. The colour from their faces drained. Quackity didn't know what to think. He'd just walked in on his co-worker fucking play fighting with a specimen like they were best pals! He pushed the button of the speakers down once more, static fuzzed before he spoke.

"Wilbur. Up here. Now"

Wilbur stood, his heart pounding in his ears. His legs wobbled with fear as he felt his breath quicken. Schlatt was suddenly at his side, patting his shoulder with a smile as he slowly helped Wilbur make his way to the door. His ram ears hung low and a worried look was on his face, but he tried to hide it, Wilbur was panicking  and he needed to deal with that first. "Woah what the fuck?" Schlatt thought "where'd that come from?".

Wilbur made his way to the observation bay as Schlatt stared at Quackity through the window, as far as first impressions go, he didn't like this short-ass, flatty-patty looking freak. "Jesus fucking Christ, where did THAT come from?!" Schlatt thought once more as he continued to scowl at the shorter man.

Wilbur stood facing Quackity as they spoke, it just looked like them mouthing words to each other from Schlatt's position.

"What the FUCK were you doing in a specimens room?!" Quackity yelled, not loud enough so anyone out of the room could hear though. Wilbur steadied his breathing before answering. "I-I was just uhm, doing tests" he lied, thinking it would pass. "Yeah, you were doing tests. You were sitting on the fucking floor play-fighting with it! How the fuck is that?!-" "Don't fucking call him 'it'!" Wilbur yelled back. "He's a person, and were friends!" He stepped towards the smaller and continued "I talked to him! His names. Schlatt, hes nice, hes funny and he made me a flower crown!".

"But we're not supposed to talk to the specimens! We're supposed to experiment on them and record their behaviour! This isn't a place for you to make friends Wilbur! This is a workplace! You could get hurt! W-what if experiment BLADE was your friend, hm? HE'D RIP YOU TO SHREDS IN A HEARTBEAT! These things aren't-" Quackity stopped, his jacket moved, seemingly on its own. He couldn't say monsters weren't humans, that they didn't have human emotions. He was a hybrid himself. He knew that was wrong. He felt happiness, anger, sadness, fear, love! Quackity sighed.

The duck hybrid looked through the window and at Schlatt, who was still staring daggers at him. If looks could kill, Quackity would have died as soon as he interrupted Schlatt and Wilbur's little thing they had going on.

Quackity sighed once again.
"D'you think I could uh...meet him?"

Wilbur smiled from ear to ear as soon as the unknown hybrid finished his sentence. The taller grabbed his wrist and quickly walked down the hallway that led to Schlatt's room. Scanning his keycard and practically jumping with excitement as the metal doors slid apart.