Chapter 42

"You will have your training under me, I will decide whether you stay or not, and since you will be working here in the Jade Estate, your salary will be akin to the range of salary here." HM Janet explained.

Without any ado, Elisia stood and bowed hundred eighty degrees to HM Janet's surprise.

"I, Elisia will be at your service" She said while smiling, with no trace of the sadness or devastation she was feeling earlier.

>.................<

Elisia sat down again in her chair and looked at HM Janet brightly.

HM Janet on the other hand feels that this child is unique. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and a maid there earlier rushed inside and whispered something to HM Janet.

"Deliver this child back safely." HM Janet seriously said and quickly stood and left the room, leaving Elisia alone with a maid that came in earlier.

The maid looked at Elisia carefully and eventually said to follow her.

They went out and to a long hall, Elisia tried to catch up to the fast phases of the maid in front of her, the other thing is they are heading deeper inside the Jade Palace which Elisia finds weirder, she was just assuming they will be going out on a different way from where they came from.

Suddenly, Elisia saw a group of maids running opposite where they going, it seemed from their expressions the seriousness of the matter to where they are running to.

It isn't Elisia's matter and she just obediently followed the maid in front of her.

They reached through the kitchen and there was a door directing outside.

"Thank you for leading the way, I can manage from here on." Elisia said

"HM Janet told me to deliver you back and I intend to do so." She said seriously and Elisia saw the dedication of the employees which is to obey the exact words of their superior. Elisia cannot help but compare them to the ancient history of royalties. Looking at the huge and magnificent building in front of her, it is comparable to a real palace.

Before Elisia can respond, a loud noise came from the empty kitchen. A group of people in the kitchen uniform suddenly rushed and it was so busy.

The maid in front of Elisia looked at her with contemplation and Elisia felt what she was feeling so she said,

"Please do not worry, I can go back on my own from here, everyone is so busy and I do not want to intrude" Elisia said

The maid kept glancing in the kitchen and was thinking of the special sudden situation inside so even though she do not want to, she have no choice but agree with Elisia.

"Alright, go straight there and there's the pathway..........." The maid gave her the direction back to the Gusto Estate.

"Thank you very much Ms??" Elisia asked as she doesn't know her name.

"Honey" The maid said, close the back door, and left Elisia.

She seems rude but Elisia does not mind at all. She will not mind as long as she isn't hurt. She just shrugged it off.

>......<

It hasn't yet been five minutes of walking back to the Gusto Building. Based on the road that she is taking, this is the first time she realized that there is a much more accessible way to return from Jade to Gusto.

The more unexpected part is by the looks of it, the road is familiar and she will be passing by her little cottage.

While walking, Elisia is thinking about the work she left which is making the windows sparkling clean, she was thinking she better hurry as the sun will set not far from now, then suddenly,

Elisia stopped her track.

She was rooted on the spot, it was like strong and thick vines had wrapped themselves around her feet that is preventing her from taking even one step.

Because not far from her, she saw a beautiful woman. She has smooth glass-like skin. 

She is wearing a blue knee-length summer dress that wraps around her perfectly, every move she makes is as graceful as she remembers.

The lady was looking around like she was lost and the lady must have felt her stares that's why she turn her head to Elisia's way. Elisia knows she has to avoid looking at her but her body seems not to remember to move.

'Don't come over'

'Don't come over'

Words repeating in her mind.

Elisia is not ready to just even look at her yet.

THERESA

Yes, that is her, Elisia is looking at her now, she can never forget the enchanting face that she used to hate so much.

Why is she here? Elisia asks in her mind.

A scene flashed in her mind, a memory of a beautiful person too, very protective to Theresa, like a shining knight which is - -

Her current Master, the reason she is at the estate is what they say. The person every person at the estate serve.

As far as she remembers, Her current employer is in love with the girl.

When the lost Theresa was about to go in Elisia's direction, A group of maids led by HM Janet came to the rescue. HM Janet called Theresa and when Theresa looked back, Elisia immediately ran away.

First was Alex,

Now it's Theresa.

It gave her more reason to move out but until then, she has to be careful and hide.

Elisia was in deep thought. It was already worlds apart but she seems to still have these encounters she deeply wants to avoid. 

It is quite reasonable because she works at the estate of that shining knight of Theresa.

>............<

'Elisia, you are back, come and have dinner here.' Mrs. Pole said when she saw Elisia while doing her rounds.

Elisia was tidying up the tools that she had used for cleaning that day.

'It's okay Nana, I have some leftovers in the house that I have to eat before it gets bad.' Elisia replied.

"Oh, yes, one must not waste food. It's especially hot today so check the food first before consuming okay?.' Mrs. Pole suggested and Elisia obediently nodded.

'I heard you've been to the Jade?' Mrs. Pole questions Elisia.

'Yes, I've been" Elisia

'Dear, if you do not want to, I can make a call.' Mrs. Pole asked with concern

'No, no please don't do that just because of me. it's alright Nana, I can work there, they said they would also pay me a lot' Elisia explained.

'Are you sure?' Mrs. Pole asks again.

'Yes, I am sure, I'm just a little sad that I won't be able to spend more time with you Nana, you know my circumstances, once my probation is done, I will be leaving.'

'Silly child, don't add me to your worries, just earn a lot and as long as you have free time, you're always welcome here at Gusto okay?' Mrs. Pole said that made Elisia feel the warmth.