Chapter 20

'Hmm, I do not really know much about alcohol but you can try to go to the pub. The nearest would be - -' Mr. Jack leaned forward and pointed a small pathway.

'See there? you go straight, then turn right and just straight ahead you will see The North Pub.'

'Oh really? Many thanks.' Elisia said.

'But are you at the right age?' Mr. Jack asks, not sure if she is old enough to buy wine after all, in his eyes, Elisia looks kinda short and small but - -- kind of cute.

Elisia looked at him, gave him a big smile, and said.

'It's my birthday today.'

>...........<

0.0

'Oh really?' Mr. Jack

Elisia nods her head while getting the bag of fish from Mr. Jack.

'Then, you got your fish for free!' Mr. Jack declared

'No, but - - '

'No No, No Buts. I insist. Happy birthday Elisia! Enjoy your fish.' Mr. Jack said while smiling. Elisia cannot help it. then she said -

'Oh, Thank you very much then. I really appreciate it.' Elisia said sincerely. The first gift she had received after four years. The last gift she got was that watch which she returned.

Elisia gave the fisherman a warm smile and bow her head.

'Then I'll go first, have a great day, and thank you again, Mr. Jack.'

'You are most welcome, goodbye.' and then she went to where the fisherman pointed.

Elisia was in dilemma at how desolate the road is, it's like the pub located itself to somewhere customers cannot find which is very weird. A business should be always somewhere can be easily accessed by its clients.

Elisia saw an old red brick building wherein has the name THE NORTH on the side.

That must be it.

Elisia walked over pulling her carrier bag. When she entered, there's a bell attached to the door that made a ringing sound as she opens it.

As soon as she entered, she noticed that the whole place look so solemn. There are quite a few men in their sixties and seventies sitting either by the bar and drinking beer and there are some who are in groups, talking quite loudly and cheerfully with each other.

There are some ladies but can be counted by hand.

The place is not small but cannot be called big either.

It consists of wooden tables and chairs that looked like it was made by a very talented woodworker as it looks old but looks very sturdy and strong. However, the place may look like a very ordinary pub but not the chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. There are three medium-size chandeliers with lots of crystals and it made the place look fancy not to mention the bar. It was like it was made by precious woods by how shiny and smooth it was, not to mention the very artistic way it was carved, same with a small stage set up in front and the grand piano on the side. adding the brick walls, in total, the pub looks kinda expensive?

Elisia now wonders if she bought enough money to get a bottle of wine for her Nana.

She went inside and went to the bar counter, Elisia felt again the stares of some people. Elisia looked up ahead and saw some elderly man looking at her. She brushed it off and went by the counter.

A man that looked like the bartender and at the same time the owner of the place went near her and he greeted her.

'Hi, how can I help?' He asks her with a serious facial expression, Elisia felt the intimidation coming from him.