Chapter 24

Elisia's eyes are looking outside the window, at the beautiful scenery of the estate. The fresh air that one can feel and breathe and the nature that is a beauty. while looking outside, Elisia's mind is now in deep thoughts, deep as an ocean.

>...........<

The old truck stop in front of the simple yet magnificent Gusto building. Terry immediately came down and was about to go to the other side to open the door for Elisia but even though he moved fast, it was not fast enough as he can already see Elisia getting down from the car herself. Terry can only scratch his temple.

Elisia went to the back to help with the stuff they had bought from the market. While doing so, Mrs. Pole walked out from the entrance and greeted them.

'Welcome back' She said. Jenny, Terry, and Elisia who were bringing down the things from the truck looked at the elderly who warmly greeted them.

'Hi Mrs. Pole' Terry greeted while smiling

When Jenny saw Mrs. Pole, she fastly jumped down from the truck and run to her, grabbed her hand, and asked

'Maam, I know this is sudden but may I humbly ask, who was the visitor earlier?' Jenny asked excitedly while looking at Mrs. Pole who was bewildered by the youngster's sudden question. Terry who heard the question sighed deeply and Elisia who heard the question stopped immediately and too, looked at Mrs. Pole.

'Jenny, you do know how important it is that we protect the privacy of our Master's guests right?' Mrs. Pole said with a small smile. When everyone heard what Mrs. Pole said, everyone was quite disappointed, Jenny looked down, her curious mind is troubling her.

'I apologize Maam' Jenny said

'Why, why did you ask dear?' Mrs. Pole asked but before Jenny can answer, Terry said

'Mrs. Pole, apparently Jenny fell love at first sight with the guest when their car passed us by just earlier.' After Terry said that, he earned a glare from Jenny.

'Oh, is that so?' Mrs. Pole smiled widely at Jenny, this young girl with a young heart.

'No - don't listen to him Maam.' Jenny denied it and blushed.

'That young man's name is Alex, he is the son of our important guest. He came personally to see me, rather question me, quite rude I may say so but he is indeed a fine young man.' Mrs. Pole said with a serious expression remembering the man she just talked to earlier. she was assessing him earlier like an interviewer would assess an applicant. He is indeed a fine man.

Jenny looked at her confused. She is baffled why Mrs. Pole gave this information when she just said earlier how important privacy is.

Mrs. Pole noticed her questioning gaze and said.

'I can tell you this because he is the son of an important family friend, not a guest of our master's.' Mrs. Pole said and winked at Jenny.

Jenny looked at Mrs. Pole and was about to thank her when they heard something fall down. They all look at Elisia.

'I - -I'm sorry' She said. Elisia just had accidentally let go of the bag containing fruits. She quickly knelt down to pick them up and Terry came to help her.

'Are you alright Elisia?' Mrs. Pole asked. Elisia lifted her head and answered.

'Yes, I'm alright Nana, will just take these to the kitchen' Elisia said and no one noticed that as soon as she bowed her head down, her expression is unlike usual but nothing unusual happened. Elisia went back and continued her job.

After putting everything in the kitchen, Elisia carefully reach and carried the bottle of wine she got from the pub. Looking at the wine, she remembered what happen in the pub, actually, she hasn't paid for this yet, when she agreed to perform, they said that they will give her a discount on the wine. She is out of time earlier and because of the commotion earlier there, she wasn't able to pay and relayed to the waitress that she will be coming back.

She looked in the kitchen and she noticed that she is alone, where is everyone??

Then the door opened and terry came in

'Elisia, Mrs. Pole is looking for you' He said. Elisia looked at him and said

'Perfect, I need to give this to her.' She said pertaining to the bottle of wine.

Elisia followed Terry.

'Terry, where is everyone? I haven't seen anyone.' Elisia said feeling it was weird. Terry looked at Elisia and smiled.

'Come' He said and he opened the door going to the dining room. When Terry opened the door, a loud sound of confetti greeted her.

'Happy birthday Elisia!!' A group of people greeted her. Elisia looked at the room that was fully decorated with balloons and party stuff. She looked around and found out that everyone is there, so this is where they'd gone.

Elisia was utterly surprised. How did they know?

Mrs. Pole walked towards her with a beautiful cake in hand and a song was sung to her by everyone in the room. Even with the things going on in her mind, Elisia felt happy and thankful. The past year she spent here, was peaceful and serene, kindness and care were shown to her by the people on the estate.

After the beautiful song was finished, her nana said

'Make a wish dear.' Elisia looked at the elderly. She was a blessing given to her. Her Nana filled up the loss she was feeling from missing her parents and adopted parents.

Elisia nods her head and closes her eyes, then when she had made her wish, she blows the candle.

'Thank you, everyone.'

I hope, I hope I can stay longer - she said in her mind.

>..............<