Chapter 14

They can see Elisia is in deep thoughts.

They are right. All she can do for now is to accept the offer, after all, there is nothing she can do at the moment with legs like this.

'Then, thank you for all of your kindness.'

>....................<

In a room full of equipment, there is a girl doing repetitive movements. 

The girl that looks so determined. The girl that looks so resolute.

She kept pushing and pushing for more than two hours already and the people around her looked at her with a worried expression. 

It has already been two weeks when the girl first opened her eyes. It has already been two weeks since the girl decided to stay and choose to live in this estate and right now, she is pushing herself to the limits.

Everyone watches her movements especially Lucy, Lucy is the specially hired nurse.

Lucy works at one of the biggest hospitals in London and was one of the best in what she does. One day, she was called at the director's office-

'Lucy, you are here. Come in and please have a sit.' The director told her.

'Good Morning Doc. What can I do for you?' She asked directly to the point as she sat in the chair in front of him. She wanted to get done with it because she is very busy today. She has to prepare the theatre room for the surgery of one of the patients. Then, she has to assist an estimated ten long hours of operation.

Instead of answering, the director gave her a white folder with font letters read as

V.I.P (HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL) It says

Lucy raised her eyes and stare at the doctor

'OH NO, NO NO' She immediately declined just after seeing the font.

'What are you saying NO about?' The director said irritatedly. This girl is one of the best nurses there is, but she is quite hardheaded.

'Whatever it is, I will have to politely decline, Doctor! I've been very busy, I've been working 12 hours a day! More than those respectable doctors that you have, do you know that they beg me sometimes to assist them? How tiring all of it was? Don't give me another job - -' Lucy stood up and with even hand imitation, she told him all her hardships and dissatisfaction. But Lucy wasn't able to finish her speech when the doctor cut her off.

'15 grand a month.' And that shut Lucy off.

The doctor looked at the girl in front of him. The girl who wanted to start a war earlier but now, as tame as a dog.

'Finally silent, now sit.' He ordered and how funny it was, that like a tame dog, she quickly obeyed. 

The director went to reach out and get the folder back when out of nowhere, another hand came to get it first, as fast as a rushing car. He looked at the owner of the hand and Lucy smiled back at him. The figure for the salary that the director just mentioned is enormous!! Even the highest-paid nurse can't compare.

'The job is to look after her and to take care of her. There is nothing hard in the job. The patient is stable but in a state of comatose for almost two years. The guardian wanted to transfer her to a place where they think will be good for her and all the doctors agreed.' 

Lucy slowly opened the folder and what she saw first is a picture of a girl with long black hair.

The girl was palely white. The girl was like holding on a string for her dear life.

What caught Lucy's attention that made her looked at the picture so intently is the fan-like black eyelashes, so long and thick that is covering her mysterious eyes. There was no colour in her face but her skin looked so soft and white as snow. 

Lucy saw the room number where this patient stays and is very familiar. She remembers that this girl is one of their long time patient in the hospital but she has never attented to her. What made this patient very famous is because, last year, there was an intern that was very gifted. Every eyes and ears are on him.

He is the superstar in the whole hospital. In only a month, he showed his talent and intelligence that earns admiration and applause from everyone.

And that superstar is always standing and looking after one specific patient, every day, without a fail, he comes and visits her - And this patient is this little girl.

Even her, Lucy who do not mingle too much or talks to colleagues heard about this.

There are rumours that she is his lover, or a sister, or a long lost one. It's a mystery for everyone in the hospital.

>.......................<

Doctor Pram told them that she only needs to do her daily routine for two hours, with intervals for a good rest but the girl cannot be stopped.

Doctor Pram left two days ago because he was called back to the hospital where he was working at and they said they need his help. With a heavy heart, he went but before he does, the doctor ordered them to take care of the girl.

The doctor intently orders them to look after Elisia and not make her too tired. Not make her too stress. Not make her sad and work too much.

'Young lady, please have some rest now.' Lucy knelt down and told Elisia for the third time.

'It's okay Lucy, I'm fine, I can still do more. I need to recover fast.' Elisia answers between exercises. Sweat fell down from her forehead and her eyes were serious in what she does.

Suddenly, someone came up to them and said

'Elisia dear, can you help this old woman in the kitchen?' Mrs Polegrimo said looking at them with a warm and wide smile on her lips.

Something Elisia cannot refuse.

Lucy sighed in relief when Elisia agreed.

Lucy didn't know that looking after her made her make the biggest decision in her life.

Lucy didn't know, that because of Elisia, 

She will change the profession and career that she loves.

>................>

I am sorry for my late update and thank you to those who are waiting. This Author appreciates it so much.