Wait- You're Leaving?

Chapter Eight

I sat inside the car. Edward had just picked me up to come over to his place for my birthday. Today was filled with "Happy Birthday!" all day. Dad got me Bella cameras and photo albums, I had gotten photos of my friends and even one of Jacob. He gave me a dream catcher, telling me it caught bad dreams which... Was fitting. Alice gave me the dress I wore and I did love it. Edward was talking weirdly today, about how suicide was hard for him and that humans have options. I shut him down telling him that, that talk was horrible and that without him I was lost. He opened the door and we went to the party, while we walked in it was beautifully decorated and I smiled, esme hugged me they gave me gifts but as one was handed to me, the paper cut my finger which I quickly shoved into my mouth, but it was too late, I saw Jasper's eyes change, suddenly I was being thrown and I hit the glass on the table, my arm being stabbed and I groaned, grabbing my arm as I looked up at the Vampires in the room, I felt intimidated as they looked at me, blood seeping from my arm. Everything was resolved fast, Carlisle took me and patched me up as the rest of them cooled off, I huffed and sat in my truck with Edward in silence in front of my house.

"What happens next birthday Edward? Then the next? What happens between them? I'm hunted down by bypassing vamps? You protect me until something bad happens? Until I'm in a car accident or until I fall off a cliff and you aren't there to save me? Then what? Do you kill yourself? Is that how our life is gonna play out? Because it doesn't have to if you'd just listen to my wishes."

"It isn't a wish! It's a no solution! It's a tragedy!" He snapped and I huffed. "I'm not doing it." He said and I huffed and got out of the car.

"Fine," I whispered. "But you're not gonna want me when I look like I could be your Grandmother," I growled and walked away, suddenly he was in front of me.

"You don't understand why I feel this way-"

"Yes, I do. But that doesn't matter. Just... Kiss me goodnight Edward." I said and he smiled barely before he leaned down and kissed me. I kissed back before pulling away. "I love you," I said and he nodded.

"I love you too," he said and I turned walking into my house.

The next few days Edward had been very distant. Today he hadn't even shown up at school so when I got home and saw him standing in my yard I was worried. I walked toward him and as he turned I followed him into the woods behind my house. He was still in the suit from the few nights prior so I was confused. He didn't say anything as I followed and he stopped when we were very deep in the wood. "We have to leave forks." He suddenly spoke. "Carlisle is supposed to be 10 years older than he looks and people are beginning to take notice." I stared at him before my response, he looked hurt to speak and I slowly felt my chest tighten.

"When you say 'we' what do you mean?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I mean my family and myself," he said and I looked down.

"Eddie... What happened with Jasper is nothing-"

"You're right. It was nothing but what I expected and nothing compared to what could have happened... You don't belong in my world." He said and I started at him feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Eddie..." I stepped to him and he stepped back.

"I don't want you in my world." He sounded so firm.