Home.

Chapter Five

I showered listened to my music Washed my hair, humming softly along with the melody. I heard the quietest click of the doorknob and I froze. "Hello?" I whispered.

"It's me." I heard Edward. I pulled back the curtain to see him just enough he couldn't see anything below my neck.

"What are- you- dad hasn't left yet!" I whispered yelled and he nodded.

"He came up to your room when I was in there, so I panicked. I hid in here." He said looking at me, my face filled with confusion. "There's a thunderstorm, I wanted you to introduce me to your father, I'll be taking you to play baseball." He said smiling and I pulled the curtain back finishing my shower.

"I'm a musical kid, not an athlete." I giggled.

"You won't be playing, not with us, you'll be watching.. it can- get a little dangerous." He said smirking and I turned the water off, I pulled a towel off the rack and wrapped it around myself before opening the curtain and stepping out. I walked past him into my room, he followed with light feet, unheard because of my steps. I closed the door and he went to the window.

"I'll be in front of the house." He said and I nodded, he jumped out and I readied myself for the day. I ran downstairs to see my dad prepping his shotgun.

"Dad!" I called and he looked at me, seeing my happy face. "So guess what?" I asked.

"What is it, honey?"

"I uh... I have a date with Edward Cullen," I said and he tensed, Bella who sat Across from dad looked at me surprised

"A date?" He asked and I poked my fingers together.

"Y-Yes.." I mumbled and I looked at Bella. "You come to meet him too," I said and Bella got up.

"Edward." He mocked.

"Dad hes a bit.. old school, so he wanted to meet you formally."

"Okay.. alright." He grabbed the base of the shotgun and snapped it shut making me flinch.

"Daddy, can you be nice? I um.. hes important to me right now.." I said and he looked at me surprised. No one other than my family and closest friends was important to me.

"Okay, Hunny.. but you have y-"

"Pepper spray, yes." I smiled and ran to the door opening the door, he was already there coming in, taking my hand, we walked into the dining room where Bella and dad stood.

"Chief Swan, Bella, I'd like to formally introduce myself, I'm Edward Cullen." He said and dad hummed.

"Hey, Edward." He held his hand out and Edward shook it.

"You don't have to worry about Y/N tonight, she shouldn't be out late at all, she's just coming to play baseball with me and my family.." Edward said and Dad and Bella looked surprised.

"Hey! I can try new things." I said and dad hummed.

"Yeah well, good luck, and keep her safe," Dad said and Edward nodded to him, he tilted his head and we went to walk out, my dad grabbed my hand. "Hey, make sure you bring-.." he motioned a sprayer and I scoffed.